Pre-purchase check - providers in metro WA

Submitted: Monday, May 07, 2012 at 10:24
ThreadID: 95408 Views:1939 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

I am considering purchasing my first caravan (owned camper trailer previously).

Is there a service like RAC provides for cars, to have caravans checked pre-purchase?

Thanks

Alan
Regards,
Alan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Broodie H3 - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 11:39

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 11:39
Hi Alan, I am here in we.a. and as far as I know there isn't, What we did when we brought our first van we went around to some of the caravan repair people and picked their brains for about a year, then we started looking, for the van that would suit us for the type of recreation that we would be doing until we both retire, we wound up with a 1996 Roadstar, that we brought in Geraldton as there were no suitable vans in Perth at the time. We are about to head off to lake eyre, for our first big trip in the van since the purchase,but it has served us well and we have done some modifications to it, to bring it up to current standard. All I can say is do a lot of research first and talk to a lot of people that have vans, we found these type of people mostly in caravan parks and they are a wealth of hidden information and this forum is another good place to start. GOOD LUCK.
Broodie H3
P.S we have owned the van now for six years.
Broodie H3
Have car will travel

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 485186

Reply By: Ron N - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 11:45

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 11:45
Alan - Not that I'm aware of. I'd say your best bet is to find someone with caravan experience to inspect the van with you.
I'm not sure how the Eastern States inspections operate, or how extensive they are.
REVS will provide info on financial encumberences if the van is registered. It won't, if the van is unregistered.

What are your main areas of concern? Do you consider that your knowledge is too limited to be able to make a satisfactory inspection yourself?

There's some pretty comprehensive info on things to look for, on this following webpage:

http://www.caravancampingsales.com.au/features/2006/buying-a-used-caravan-20678

Cheers - Ron.
AnswerID: 485187

Sponsored Links