Anyone have a roof rack bag from In Front Camping?

Submitted: Monday, May 07, 2012 at 20:40
ThreadID: 95424 Views:2518 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just after opinions on the waterproofness and durability of the roof rack bags from above supplier. They look good on the website and prices look very reasonable for canvas products.
Also wondering how the vinyl type material ones (like the covers on soft floor camper trailers) would compare to canvas on the above criteria.
Thanks in advance for your comments.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 22:06

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 22:06
Moose,

I have their products. Like any Canvas product, it requires you to season it before use. Once this is done, you'll find they are quite water tight. The area to have a good look at is the quality of the zippers and to ensure that there is a flap folding over the zip on the outside to protect it from water, dust etc.

They should also be well cleaned and dried before storing at the end of a trip.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 485256

Reply By: David H - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 22:07

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 22:07
G'day Mightymoose, myself and few mates had some roof bags made out of heavy duty PVC (same material as semi trailer side curtains) by A-Trek camping in Kallangur, Brisbane a few years ago and can't fault them as far as quality and price, totally waterproof and dust proof with tie down straps sewn across the bag, he'll custom make them to any size, either PVC, canvas or vinyl, there number is 07 3886 5466

Cheers,
Dave.
AnswerID: 485257

Reply By: Member - willawa - Monday, May 07, 2012 at 22:22

Monday, May 07, 2012 at 22:22
HI Mighty Moose.

I have had one for a couple of years and have found it to be very serviceable,waterproof and good value for the price.

Had ours made to measure for our roof basket.

I would choose one of these over vinyl as they don't sweat in the heat.

Cheers
AnswerID: 485260

Reply By: Member - Geoff M (VIC) - Tuesday, May 08, 2012 at 11:05

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 at 11:05
Hi Mighty Mouse,

I too have one of thier bags and its been great. Needs seasoning like any canvas product as mentioned. The bag fits in the roof basket perfectly and is still going strong.

Remember to place some padding between the basket and the bag to prevent rubbing and one of their bags should last you a very long time.

Cheers, Geoff
AnswerID: 485279

Sponsored Links