Alcohol Restrictions

Submitted: Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 22:20
ThreadID: 95672 Views:2460 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Is there an map of all the alcohol restriction areas for QLD/NT/WA/SA somewhere?

Can bottles of spirits be "transported" through some areas (eg savanna way)?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Shaker - Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 22:45

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 22:45
Try Googling "alcohol restrictions for travellers", sorry but it is too hard to post a link with my iPhone.

AnswerID: 486256

Reply By: Member - OnYaBike - Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 23:56

Saturday, May 19, 2012 at 23:56
This is for Queensland Alcohol restrictions but as mentioned, a Google search will bring up the other states and territories.
AnswerID: 486258

Reply By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 16:00

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 16:00
the short (and long) answer is YES ............. we manage the roadhouse at Doomadgee QLD and it is a "restricted" area but you as a traveller are classed as a Bonafide Traveller and that allows you to carry any amount and form of UN-OPENED alchole you wish, we, the roadhouse also have an exemption for you, the "Bonafide Traveller" that allows you to stop and fuel up or whatever with the alchole in your car, just dont open it or drink it and also do NOT have it in sight ...
The below is some copys n pastes FYI .....
The web address is below it at the end, copy n paste it in..

Cheers and load her up mate as you is a pain in the ass trying to buy it up anyware north now, that incluides QLD, NT and WA (far northern areas))

The restricted area is the Doomadgee Shire and includes all public and private places. It also includes both banks and the bed of the Nicholson River, where it is next to the community area.

The 'bona fide traveller' exemption applies to use of the Savannah Way road and the Doomadgee Roadhouse from 1 January 2009..

It is an offence to drink in a public place.


'Bona fide' traveller exemption

.A 'bona fide' traveller is someone who can prove they're passing through a community on their way to another destination (for example, driving along the Savannah Way to get to Doomadgee). You'll be allowed to drive on some roads (see below) and use some public facilities while carrying alcohol over the set limit if you can prove you're a 'bona fide' traveller.

But you must have got the alcohol at a place outside the restricted area.

As a 'bona fide' traveller, your vehicle may only stop:
•to use a 'prescribed public facility' (currently only the Doomadgee Road-House and the Bloomfield Falls car park are 'prescribed public facilities')
•if ordered by police
•in an emergency

It's a good idea to carry some proof of your destination, such as a camping permit or accommodation booking receipt.

Rules that apply to all vehicles

Whether or not you're a bona fide traveller, you must make sure that alcohol is:
•not removed from the vehicle
•not visible from outside the vehicle
•locked in the vehicle if unattended

Roads are part of the restricted area and you will only be able to carry alcohol on these roads if you can claim the bona fide traveller exemption.

Roads that are currently restricted areas are:
•The Savannah Way (within Doomadgee shire)
Bloomfield Track, Douglas Street and Rossville-Bloomfield Road (within Wujal Wujal)
•the road, within the community area of the Wujal Wujal Shire Council, directly connecting the road known as Douglas Street and the Bloomfield Falls (excluding the service road)
Portland Roads Road and Frenchmen's Road (within Lockhart River shire)

Police powers

Police can stop and search any vehicle coming into a Restricted Area. Police can take all alcohol where alcohol restrictions are being breached. They can also seize a vehicle (including a car, a boat or a plane) used to bring alcohol into a Restricted Area or dry place. Police can take a vehicle if they believe it is necessary to stop the vehicle being used again to break alcohol laws.

The new laws allow police to:
•search a person without a warrant if they suspect they are carrying illicit alcohol
•enter and search a house without a warrant if they suspect there is illicit alcohol in that house
•stop and search a vehicle or an animal, and a vehicle pulled by an animal, under the control of a person attempting to enter a Restricted Area with illicit alcohol
AnswerID: 486300

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 16:03

Sunday, May 20, 2012 at 16:03
""""" load her up mate as you is a pain in the ass """""""""
Sorry meant to be "IT" is a pain in the ass, not "YOU" hahahah
FollowupID: 761548

Sponsored Links