Blog Writing

Submitted: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 11:47
ThreadID: 95880 Views:1450 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All
I need some advice on Blogs.
After you have started one are you supposed to edit the original one manualy, adding a new date at the top each time , or are you supposed to start a new blogs as seperate parts as you add content.
ie: "my blog" part 1, part 2, etc etc.
Advice would be appreciated.
Cheers
New Blogger
Dave
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 11:54

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 11:54
Add a new blog entry each time.

MM
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

AnswerID: 487086

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 13:12

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 13:12
Dave,

Blogs are meant to work like a daily journal. On our system we also allow you to change the submission date so you can add historical information but an entry is basically a dump of information at a time. If you have a look at our blogs even if you go back to 1998/9 you will see that the date is entered in a daily fashion.

So create new ones each time is the go. But do give your entry a good title Part 1, Part 2 etc is a little boring and may not not interest a person to open it wheras 'Alice Springs today' or 'The Canning Trip Well 1 to Well 5' has a lot more interest than 'My Blog Part 7'.

Enjoy the system and do let us know if you need anything or can see any changes that would make it easier for you. Do not forget to use the blogs via email system (email your entries to blogs (at) exploroz.com) - this is the easiest method of publishing your blogs and automatically handles images.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 487091

Reply By: Mick O - Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 18:05

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 18:05
David,

I find it best to use a heading that best describes the route/area you are visiting, exploring or travelling through. This makes the blogs so much easier to search for people looking for back ground information on a road or particular area. If it's a few days of travel with nothing much happening, the highway/track name is a great way to preface the blog heading ie; Gary Junction Road - etc etc. Add a new entry each day and you can always edit to add photos or additional detail later. Happy writing.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 487111

Sponsored Links