Wanted new power Steering pump for Toyota Landcruiser HJ60

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 13:38
ThreadID: 96065 Views:6173 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I am looking for brand new power steering pump for Toyota Landcruiser HJ60 with 2H Diesel Engine. Would someone please let me know from where i can buy this in Australia
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron N - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 13:46

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 13:46
NM - Where are you located - what month & year is your HJ60 - and what is wrong with your pump? It may be more economic to overhaul your pump.
If your HJ60 was built before 11/84, parts are more difficult to acquire, as with all older Jap vehicles.

Cheers - Ron.
AnswerID: 487796

Follow Up By: Naveed Merchant - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 14:13

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 14:13
Mine is 1986 model HJ60 . i looked inside the bonnet and it shows as : Model HJ60 RG-K. Engine 2H diesel 3980cc. chassis # HJ-60-033596. manual 5 gear transmission. it is right hand (with steering wheel on right side).

I am located in Pakistan and here they only have used or rebuilt ones here and have got tired of using rebuilts and used ones as they tend to break down or dont work like new. I think they dont make good rebuilds out here.

Is there anyway to buy new ones.. have been told it might be expensive. Just wanted to have peace of mine

FollowupID: 763042

Follow Up By: Ron N - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 16:25

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 16:25
O.K. New, complete power steering pumps appear to be available for your HJ60, but I will have to confirm that - and the cost will be substantial - probably around AU$500 + freight costs. They are usually a special order.

I don't think you'll find a new power steering pump available on-line for your HJ60, from any Australian company that deals in 4WD parts. There are pumps available for the HZJ series from 1990-onwards. These cost around AU$330.

A new power steering pump for your HJ60 is a part that has to be "tracked down" via some serious searching, phone calls, etc.
Freight cost is something that will also seriously affect your total purchase cost.

I'm not sure how reliable your postal system is in Pakistan, or if you live in a big city there, with satisfactory delivery methods - but if you think that the postal system is reliable enough, the postal system is the cheapest freight method.

Otherwise, any company you deal with, will want to send a pump via Fedex or DHL, who charge substantial amounts for shipping. Fedex & DHL usually have a minimum freight charge of around AU$200.

I can probably organise a pump for you, if you want to talk to me directly. I deal in some new and used surplus parts, and I have some NOS parts for older vehicles (mostly water pumps), and I have a wide range of contacts where I can most likely source a new power steering pump.

Most people here in Australia recondition their power steering pump. If a pump is reconditioned properly, it should perform like a new one.
The problems are that either the shaft wears substantially, or the housing wears substantially.
If the shaft or housing is worn and not replaced, the pump will not perform and will start leaking again rapidly.

If a pump is repaired/reconditioned properly with a new shaft or a new housing as required, it will be as good as new. However, if just a seal kit is installed with a worn shaft or housing, then the repair is a waste of time and money.

If you want to contact me directly, my email is ronash13 (AT) iinet.net.au

Cheers - Ron.
FollowupID: 763049

Reply By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 15:06

Wednesday, Jun 06, 2012 at 15:06
try here:

http://shop.allfourx4.com.au/epages/shop.sf/en_AU/?ObjectID=64131&ViewAction=View&PageSize=50

Exchange Power Steering Box suit Toyota Landcruiser 60 Series wagon 1981 to 1989

AU$750.00
{Weight}: 20 kg
Please note this is an exchange power steering box. A refundable deposit of $200 is included in the sale price. This deposit will be refunded when power steering box is exchanged.

or

Power Steering Pump Kit Landcruiser HJ47 HJ60 2H to 11/1984

AU$45.00
{Weight}: 50 g
AnswerID: 487803

Follow Up By: Naveed Merchant - Saturday, Jun 09, 2012 at 05:08

Saturday, Jun 09, 2012 at 05:08
I finally found used like new condition power steering pump for $70 from wreck and works perfect now...

FollowupID: 763210

Sponsored Links