Sundown national park

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 12:35
ThreadID: 96081 Views:3358 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone recently been to sundown and is there enough water to kayak on at burrows campground, also can off road campers get in if taken steady.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: rumpig - Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 16:16

Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 16:16
yes, yes and yes again if you count 4 weeks ago as recent...lol
below are some pics i took from the last long weekend, the very last pic is looking back down the main section of water that is there. towing the trailer in will take you about 1 & 1/2 - 1 & 3/4 hours to do the 17 klms from the front gate. let your tyres down at the gate and lock it in lowrange, because after that you'll be in 2nd and 3rd gear lowrange pretty much most of the way in.

VIEW ON THE WAY IN

ME FISHING AND KIDS LAUNCHING THE BOAT (i had no luck with fishing, though we did something big jump out of the water several times)

IT'S DRY AND ROCKY AROUND HERE

FREDRICK BURROWS GRAVE SITE (go to RHS of campground down to the creek where it is skinny enough to walk across. look across the creek and find the old stock yards, Fredricks grave site is abit to the left of that, maybe 30 - 40 mtrs on other side of creek gulley that runs down the hill)

RED ROCK GORGE (do the very short walk from the carpark to the lookout)

LOOKING DOWN THE SEVERN RIVER (from where it gets skinny, Burrows campground is on the eft and the grave site and stock yards back up to my right )

AnswerID: 487860

Reply By: 76cruiser - Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 17:04

Thursday, Jun 07, 2012 at 17:04
Thanks rumpig
AnswerID: 487865

Sponsored Links