caravan warranties

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 16:13
ThreadID: 96152 Views:1726 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys. We have an issue that hasn't been resolved after 3 visits back to the factory & warranty runs out in 3 weeks. We have a water leak into the roof that is causing damage in cupboards & walls. Sections of walls have been replaced already but the sorce of the leak still not found. Will warranty be covered until this existing problem is fixed or should we seek legal advice? Look forward to hearing your comments... Thanks, Tracie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff (Newcastle, NSW) - Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 16:37

Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 16:37
Visit the Department of Fair Trading or the relevant government department in your state to do with consumer law.

They'll tell you all about your rights under warranty and even explain the term "fit for purpose"

Geoff,
Landcruiser HDJ78,
Grey hair is hereditary, you get it from children. Baldness is caused by watching the Wallabies.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message
Classifieds: Landcruiser 16x8 Rims,

AnswerID: 488092

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 16:48

Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 16:48
Hi Tracie,
Have you corresponded with the manufacturer or the dealer in writing.

Remember, it did not happen if it was not in writing. You will need a history of correspondence if it goes to the ombudsman.

As your warranty is running out in three weeks, and you have previously corresponded with the people responsible for that warranty, you should be OK.

If you have not corresponded previously by letter then I would suggest you do it immediately before the warranty runs out outlining your dealings to date and the outcomes just to get it on the record.

Start pushing hardl just to get them to acknowledge that they have a responsibility in this matter. Keep a diary of all contacts with them just in case.

Above all, be nice but firm till they show they are not going to honour that obligation, then come out with all guns blazing.

It never hurts when doubt creeps in to suggest that legal recourse is on the horizon.

If you already have something positive in writing re this matter from them then you have a reasonable right to expect that the matter will be dealt with in due course. But it must be in writing for your sake.

Failing that a trip to the solicitor would be in order.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 488093

Reply By: ian - Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 20:34

Sunday, Jun 10, 2012 at 20:34
Hi Tripping,
I believe that the existence or not of a warranty does not really play a part in your claim. Your issue has not been satisfactorily resolved. Consumer Affairs, or your lawyer will have it sorted. Get on to it straight away. No delay.
Ian
AnswerID: 488118

Follow Up By: tripping oz - Monday, Jun 11, 2012 at 19:20

Monday, Jun 11, 2012 at 19:20
Thanks for the input Geoff,Bruce& Ian we off out sort it out tomorrow.
FollowupID: 763429

Sponsored Links