Use of Hema navigator

Hi all,

I am wondering if there are any members residing in the Caloundra area whom own a Hema navigator and would like to meet to give me a few lessons on their use.

Greg.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 21:56

Tuesday, Jun 12, 2012 at 21:56
Hi Greg

Regardless of weather it is a HN5 or HN6, they are both very easy to use. Basically you have two forms of navigation, street and off road.

The HN5 will give you the choice of three user screens, street and 2 off road, where as the HN6 will only give you the choice of only 2 screens, street and OziExplorer, with the latter the main reason why we own these great units.

With the unit powered up, select the type of navigation that you wish to use, tap the screen and basically away you go.

The new HN6 is now even more user friendly and with better options of adding extra maps, receiving track files and waypoints etc. What ever you have, turn the unit on and have a play.

Once you have a basic understanding, you will ask yourself why were you so concerned in the first place.

All the best and you will find it is the best piece of off road navigation to own.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 488316

Follow Up By: Member - GregK5202 Qld - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:59

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:59
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the reply. I understand a lot of the basics of the HN6 that I have but am having trouble creating routes in OziEx. When I create way points for a route I get straight lines joining the points.

What I am trying to do is learn the more intricate workings of the unit to get real value from it. I am not really struggling but I want to master it.
I have down loaded the two manuals from Hema but find that they leave a lot to be desired compared to my old GPS manual.

I have used the Igo2 to plan a route from home to Bamaga for later this year. I had to break it into two routes as I had to change the settings for the Telegraph track. I just came back from Goondiwindi and I have track logs in OziEx to save to computer. In Igo2 it doesn't seem to show a track log.

My old Garmin Quest was good in the big paddocks at night, it showed no roads naturally, but it laid a track which you could zoom in on and follow back to where you entered. It was also useful for finding the pig you just shot and then took off after another in the dark. Just follow the track back even if you couldn't see your wheel tracks.

Greg.

FollowupID: 763555

Reply By: Member - JRD013 (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:59

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:59
Hi Greg

Currently in the same position as you in the learning curve having recently purchased a HN6. I have found that Hema have a selection of very useful training videos on youtube that cover the basic operations. Google search for Hema HN6 videos.

Jeff
AnswerID: 488362

Follow Up By: Member - GregK5202 Qld - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:13

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:13
Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the info. I will do as you say.

I just responded to the first reply also.

Greg.
FollowupID: 763556

Sponsored Links