Few Pesky Items Fixed

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 00:04
ThreadID: 96229 Views:1433 Replies:2 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Guys,
Have fixed up a number of small system errors related to User Treks and Saving Routes and Driving Directions.
1. The Member My User Treks function on some people was showing a Red box saving an error had occurred. This was occurring if you had under a certain number of files. I have resolved this now and it is working correctly.
2. Saving Routes - mainly created via Driving Directions was showing a message saving A system error has occurred - it was in fact saving the file correctly just throwing the error message. This caused a number of people to end up with duplicate User Treks in your profiles. If you are a member you can check this out via opening you My Treks shown on your Public My Profile page. To open this go to the Tab above called My Profile and select My Public Profile select the My Treks tab and you will see the files. If you have multiple bogus entries and you want to get rid of something - select View User Trek and then select Edit User Trek and update or delete as required.
And The save a route function now behaves as expected.

Please remember if you are having problems with any of the system either send us and email at info@exploroz.com or use the Contact Menu - Feedback system - we may not see it in a forum post so to be sure let us know directly.

David

David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 03:35

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 03:35
One other thing that you may want to check is the new colour coding system you devised to let people know when something new has been posted to the Forum or the thread itself.

It could be just me but it does not seem to be changing its colours after its inactive time has expired, the grey shading seems the same shade and same within the thread.

Just thought I would mention it :)

VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 488332

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:41

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:41
John,

Hi there hope you are well. Yeah I think I know what is happening. If you left the computer connected to EO - ie the browser was open on an EO page the system was adjusted to keep the session alive, I may need to adjust this as it may not have been the right approach but at the moment there is a little timer the triggers every 10 mins or so and if your browser is still connected to the EO system it will keep the session alive.

Can you confirm this, ie that the you have in fact keep the browser open on EO when this seems to occur or not?

David

PS: Opps was using another users id when I first posted so removed it and was logged in correctly this time - dooh.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 763551

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:57

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:57
Hi David
Yeah I'm good thanks.
Got the other email from the other user :))
Wondered what happened for a minute there :)) LOL

Yeah I do leave EO open and just minimse it when I'm not looking at something, or its obviously open on a page tab when I'm using other pages. (IE9)
I tend to have the machine on 24/7 as its used pretty constantly so that may be the answer??
I did think that even if the page was minimised it was timing on actual access to the page, IE opening a thread or refreshing etc, obviously it appears this thought on my behalf is not correct.

Cheers

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 763552

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:00

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:00
Thanks John that explains it. Do not change you usage I will be working on this soon as I am also not completely happy with the thing I installed and there are a number of ways I can fix this so expect it to just get better soon. I will try to remember to let you know when I make the change.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 763553

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:03

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 11:03
No worries David.

Cheers

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 763554

Reply By: Member - Michael P (QLD) - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 17:56

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 17:56
David Hi,
Your Member Message id 48890 12/6 @ 1710 received.
Replied approx 2130!
??
Mike.
AnswerID: 488395

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 17:59

Wednesday, Jun 13, 2012 at 17:59
Yes thanks - I did get it fine. I am struggling to find a problem with the system. Provided you get the message that says the Message was sent - it should get sent.

I am working in that area anyway as I want to expand the system to support inbox/outbox type displays so this will allow you to keep records and will make it easy for me to be able to see the exact status.
David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 763578

Sponsored Links