Western Rail Trail (NSW). Euabalong West to Trida

Submitted: Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 13:53
ThreadID: 96340 Views:1764 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
I've travelled this track several times in the past. Anyone have an idea of it's recent condition given the rain out there over past months ?.

Thanks.
Martin
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Duncs - Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 17:11

Monday, Jun 18, 2012 at 17:11
Martin,

I too have used this track a few times in the past. Don't tell everyone else about it.

I can't comment on how it is at the moment but unless it is wet it is generally pretty good. That said it once took me 3.5 hours to go a car length on this track. If it is wet, particularly at the eastern end, stay off it.

Not sure if you are using it as a means of getting from A to B but if you are the bitumen alternatives are not too bad.

Duncs
AnswerID: 488824

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 14:40

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 14:40
... so does that mean you're not going to give us a User Trek for it?? Go on ;)

MM
ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

FollowupID: 764049

Follow Up By: Member - Duncs - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 17:47

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 17:47
I must admit that when I left Broken Hill that day I intended to plot the track on my GPS and keep a record of it. Don't think I had discovered ExplorOz at that time so posting a User Trek was not the motivation but...

Anyway when the car sank to the door sills in a puddle of sloppy mud.
When I got a very vivid mental picture of all my recovery gear sitting on the shelf in the shed.
When I reached into the red mud with my bare hands to start digging.
When I finally got the car out of the mud as the sun set in the west and I still had to get the trailer out and reconnect it to the car without a jockey wheel in place...
somehow in all that I lost the inspiration to restart the GPS and plot the rest of the track.

I know I will ask my dear long suffering wife to write her account of the trip...that way no one else will ever want to drive that road again and I will have it all to myself.

Sorry she said $&%^&* no!

It is an interesting drive that takes you through parts of the state that have limited access. I have been along there a number of times and always enjoyed it. Just don't tell everyone.

Duncs
FollowupID: 764073

Follow Up By: Member - Duncs - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 17:48

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 17:48
Actually it makes for a pretty funny story.

One night sitting around a campfire I might share it with you.

Duncs
FollowupID: 764075

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 17:53

Tuesday, Jun 19, 2012 at 17:53
Great story, makes sense now!
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 764077

Sponsored Links