Mechanical Repairman - Cairns

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 20, 2012 at 20:45
ThreadID: 96393 Views:2729 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
We were staying at Palm Cove [Cairns] & needed some urgent work on the L/Cruiser. Rang the Toyota Dealer and was advised that they were booked solid for the next 3 weeks, however, the guy I spoke to mentioned that one of their longer term mechanics had recently gone out on his own. The Toyota guy didn't have his number but gave me an approx address. Even though it was now 5.45pm, it was on my way home from the city and I figured that he is now self-employed, so may still be at work. This turned out to be correct. I explained my predicament and he said that he could re-arrange things and do the job first thing tomorrow and it would take about 5 - 6 hours.

I explained that we had a 19' caravan & he said no problem - just park it on the grassed area out the front of the workshop. When we arrived at the workshop at approx 8.00am it was overcast and I mentioned in passing that we hoped their would be some sunshine for some solar charge into our batteries. He said - 'no problem, just hook in to my power'. We obviously didn't use the air-con, but it was nice to be able to run our battery charger.

He did an excellent job & came out to the van a couple of times to keep us updated.

His name is Doug Chellingworth & the business is DC Mechanical Repairs. The address is Shed 1, 63 - 65 Ardisia St, Smithfield QLD, 4878. It is very easy to get a van there and is only 2 streets off the Captain Cook Hwy [near James Cook Uni on north side of city] Phone number is 0488 578 655. Email is doug.chellingworth@hotmail.com

You don't encounter that level of service very often these days [we even had our tyres blackened]. If you are ever in need of a service or assistance whilst in Cairns, give Doug a call.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Polaris - Wednesday, Jun 20, 2012 at 21:46

Wednesday, Jun 20, 2012 at 21:46
Nice to see a post from someone who has had a good outcome.

Too many posts are from people who unfortunately had problems that they didn't need.

Good one !!!
AnswerID: 489053

Reply By: Member - blackbird1937 - Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 09:16

Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 09:16
Ian, It was good to see that you were well looked after. I will keep his address in case we have problems or the vehicle needs a service when we are around that area. Service like that is very hard to find.
AnswerID: 489071

Reply By: Jim Murphy - Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:56

Thursday, Jun 21, 2012 at 10:56
This post has brightened a rainy day !! thanks for posting it and may Karma look kindly on Doug and his family!
AnswerID: 489072

Sponsored Links