4wdsystems (Adelaide) Rear Drawers

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 11, 2004 at 00:28
ThreadID: 9655 Views:2809 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G'day gang,

Since I'm not "out there" at the moment I'm sitting here dreaming and planning for it. I'm considering putting a rear drawer set-up in my Hilux and the system advertised by this crowd is on special at the moment and, going by the pictures only, appears to be a well made product.

Does anyone out there have any experience with the _Affordable_Storage_Drawers.aspx from 4wdsystems - "Gear to Goannawhere" ? - regardless of vehicle.

Thanks in advance.Cheers, Jim

"Lead, Follow.....or get out of the way!!"
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brian - Sunday, Jan 11, 2004 at 08:52

Sunday, Jan 11, 2004 at 08:52
The "bought" drawer systems are pretty...... also pretty expensive! If you're even a little handy with power tools, you can make your own for a fraction of the cost. There has been heaps of threads on this before, so search the archives.
If you're interested, we built our own and pics are
here under "Accessories", then clixk on "Storage System" We were quoted $1600 plus fitting for what we built for $400.
Just my opinion
Cheers
Brian
AnswerID: 42543

Follow Up By: malleefowl - Sunday, Jan 11, 2004 at 14:21

Sunday, Jan 11, 2004 at 14:21
Nice system,Brian.
What are you using for drawer runners-Roller bearings?
Where did you source these components?
Thanks,malleefowl
FollowupID: 304975

Follow Up By: Brian - Sunday, Jan 11, 2004 at 15:59

Sunday, Jan 11, 2004 at 15:59
Thanks malleefowl
I basically copied everybody elses designs and changed it to suit us.
For the drawer runners, I used ball bearings from BSC Motion Technology, they are the bearings used in skate boards and those trick little scooters. They're about $5 each and I used 20 of 'em.

For the fridge slide, I bought an Hettich Roller System from Mermaid Distributors here on the Gold Coast (Hettich are available Australia wide). It is rated at 100 kgs at it's extension of 900mm and cost about $115. The trick with doing this is;
A) Make sure the two side of the slide system are parallel
B) Make sure you have plenty of clearance to open the lid of the fridge at full extension and that the lid doesn't hinge up against the back door.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Brian
FollowupID: 304983

Sponsored Links