How to wire a 5pin wireless remote box to a 3pin xd9000 winch ?

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 28, 2012 at 19:20
ThreadID: 96553 Views:5135 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have been given a warn wireless remote setup with the newer 5 pin plug and i have the older model xd 9000 with the 3 pin plug,My question is whether this unit with the extra wires/pins can be fitted/wired to the older 3 pin control box with a bit of tinkering,I would appreciate a bit of guidance as whether it can be done and which wires go where to make it work . the plug locates fine into the control box and the extra pins fit the existing unwired holes, but it would probably be easier to just hard wire it inside the the box and forget about the plug etc Anyone have any idea how to go about it?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ross M - Thursday, Jun 28, 2012 at 21:43

Thursday, Jun 28, 2012 at 21:43
I havne' seen the item but I would imagine the radio switcher has to have a +ve and -ve supply to the radio transmitter unit.
If you can trace the wires inside the unit you may find the correct polarity of the feeds to the radio and you might then be able to provide them in the plug base.
AnswerID: 489633

Reply By: Dave m - Friday, Jun 29, 2012 at 01:04

Friday, Jun 29, 2012 at 01:04
The remote unit has a fused power supply which is fed when its plugged into the control box ,the same pin which powers the older 3,pin wired remote ,So thats the same. The fused power supply feed to the remote unit splits after the fuse and enters remote unit so it has 2 live/pos entering ,then a live/pos returns back in to the plug ,so basically the old wired 3 pin remote has power that runs up to the remote switch and only returns power when you flick the switch 1 way or the other and it returns power via 1 of the 2 wires to activate either the in or out solanoids, That i understand . But this wireless remote unit is a bit confusing as it has power returning after being plugged in and nothing is being done ? Then there,s the other wires which must be earths and power returns to activate in and out solanoids but as of yet haven,t got a response by using the wireless remote after earthing out neg wires to work out which is which,,Im sure it must be something relatively simple ,I might try and find a wiring diagram for the 5 pin winch control box and see if i can find out where the wires go on them,That might tell me what each wire/pin does .Thanks for your thoughts.
AnswerID: 489646

Sponsored Links