Laundry trough -water tank

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 10, 2012 at 23:13
ThreadID: 96799 Views:1816 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have been instructed to renovate the laundry.

Gazing at the dreadful task I spied our dual sink stainless steel trough and have been musing ever since about turning it into a nice water tank for the camper trailer.

Idea is to attach a lid made of something, maybe marine ply, maybe sheet plastic, and attach it under the trailer with supports or straps. In and out holes would be constructed before the lid went on. Or for a more cubic design, or double the capacity, buy a matching unit and weld them together using stainless rods in my inverter welder.

Pros
After a good clean and dis infect, it's good stainless so water won't have a plastic taste
It's about 70 litres so a good volume

Cons
Alleged fragility of stainless. Mounting with flex built in might alleviate this
Others are Over to you.

And the best thing is that a week has passed and the laundry is still intact, I have been successfully diverted onto something much more interesting!

Tim
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Fred G NSW - Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:46

Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 11:46
Tim, you know you won't avoid the inevitable by kicking and screaming and stalling, so best just do the laundry, then go for a long drive in the bush mate, using those freshly acquired brownie points :-)

Counselling session complete LOL.

AnswerID: 490643

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 14:07

Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 14:07
Absolutely agree with that Fred. LOL

Laundry upgrade should be worth a month away.

You just can't beat those "Frequent Crawler Points" mate.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 766002

Follow Up By: Ozhumvee - Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 18:50

Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 18:50
Far easier to buy a plastic tank and fit that, too much stuffing around trying to make a strong one out of a stainless laundry tub which are pretty thin sheet.
FollowupID: 766035

Sponsored Links