A note to our volunteer road condition reporters...

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 11, 2012 at 19:04
ThreadID: 96813 Views:2061 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
This note is for anyone that finds they can no longer access the roads admin system to change the status of a road in our report. Please contact Michelle directly (or reply to this post) if you wish to continue updating reports as I will need to add you to the new system.

(I have already contacted all of you that were added to the new system but there were many Member numbers in the old system that could not be transferred to the new system).

Also, I may as well take this opportunity to do a shout out for anyone that might wish to join the team. It's really easy - all you do is check the url listed at the top of the section and with Roads Admin access added to your profile you can change the status of any road from OPEN to CLOSED or CAUTION (plus add text to explain why). Just drop me a note to request access.

We have put a lot of effort recently into a major upgrade to the Road Conditions system but still have a long way to go - but we do not have the resources available to continually check the official status reports Australiawide and request the assistance of able volunteers to check through the available reports and flag the roads on our report. If everybody did a little, imagine what could be achieved!

(if you want more info on why we bother - you can read this blog). This blog also outlines some other things we need help with (such as User Treks, which helps us map the roads).

Even if you can't offer to help review the official reports and update the road status on our reports - at least be sure to add your Travellers Comments after you travel a track. (ignore old comments, the TC system was disabled for a few years but has recently been reactivated).

Thanks for your time in considering this,
Michelle

ExplorOz

Business Member
My Profile  My Blog

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links