VMS after sales service

Submitted: Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 13:54
ThreadID: 97159 Views:2174 Replies:7 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have a faulty out of warranty in dash unit and none of the ARB stores (I purchased it from ARB) will support an out of warranty repair and have reported major issues with VMS. Are they about to go under or does anyone have any other advice on how I have my unit repaired.

They do not take phone calls and only deal by email with 48 hr reply. This is very bad customer service. I would steer very clear of VMS.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Landy - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 14:35

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 14:35
I previously had an 'in-warranty' claim, followed the procedure that was outlined on the website and had a complete new unit within about 3 days.

Give it a go....I'm sure it will work fine.

AnswerID: 491928

Reply By: Flighty ( WA ) - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 14:46

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 14:46
Georgina.
An interesting topic for me as I am interested in the 700HD unit, and after phoning ARB, was told they no longer represent VMS and yet the website still has them as a major supplier.
Hope your problem gets sorted out and will watch with interest.
Cheers
Paul

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 491931

Reply By: Jacko84 - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 15:29

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 15:29
hi Georgina

i have an in dash unit in my Nissan that i had trouble with from day 1. touch wood, it seems to be ok now.

i agree their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, i was receiving voicemails from them saying to ring their number which refers you to email only. you would think they would realise this and give a number you can actually reach them on...

how old is your unit and what is the issue??

AnswerID: 491933

Reply By: get outmore - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 16:00

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 16:00
How far out of warranty is it?
If its not that old it will still be covered under Australian consumer law statuary warranty.
Depending how old it is go back to the store you got it fitted and remind them of their obligations outlined by the law
AnswerID: 491935

Reply By: olcoolone - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 20:43

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 20:43
This is one of the main reasons I am looking at the Hema over the VMS.

When I was looking I phoned a few of there resellers listed on the VMS web site only to find theses resellers don't sell VMS any more and they were quite to the point about it.

I'm a strong believer of after sales telephone support where you can speak to an Aussie person with knowledge.

But I spoke to Hema regarding some technical information and it got answered by a girl that sounded like she was in a noisy supermarket.... four times she had to go and asked someone else and these questions were not overly technical.... at least I could speak to someone.

AnswerID: 491948

Reply By: VMS - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 17:25

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 17:25
Hi Georgina,

I am very sorry to hear that you have a fault with you in-dash, and more sorry to hear that your retailer won't support you. "Get outmore" is correct in saying there are legal requirements from you retailer, but nevertheless we want to see you with a working VMS. I find it odd that a retailer won't support their own customer, and blame the supplier? I guess it shows their commitment to you.

Could you please contact our support team at support@vms4x4.com? The reason we use email over phone is that several technicians may work on one case and get all the facts documented. We found with phone support there was frustration being on hold, and most customers do not have all the information we require on hand. If you call back with the information and get a different technician, you have to re-tell your situation again.

We have found our processes to work brilliantly and most importantly fast, however although it works in most peoples favour, some people can't move past using a telephone, which I totally understand, and that is where your local retailer can assist you.

In relation to removing your unit and sending it back to us, this is your local retailers responsibility, however if they are refusing to do so, an option would be to organise a removal by an installer at your cost and send it back to us. This way we can get the unit back to you as soon as possible to so you can have it refitted.

We look forward to hearing back from you and resolving your unit as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

VMS
AnswerID: 492034

Follow Up By: shorty85 - Friday, Aug 03, 2012 at 16:48

Friday, Aug 03, 2012 at 16:48
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!
FollowupID: 767811

Reply By: howesy - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 19:07

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 19:07
Cant ask for more than that, fair and reasonable
AnswerID: 492037

Sponsored Links