Kedron Gall Boys DVDS

Submitted: Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 15:12
ThreadID: 97160 Views:1989 Replies:3 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

I recieced these DVDS for my birthday. I love them and find them entertaining and funny. I appreciate they treat thier gear fairly roughly but it seems to hold up. The banter between the oldest son Dave and "the old man" cracks me up. Barry the old man, is a dead ringer for my "old Man".

I'm interested to hear of peoples experiences with caravans Type) in the real rough stuff and how they've either held up well or have fallen apart.

Many thanks

John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: toffytrailertrash - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 17:02

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 17:02
Just goes to show how tough and reliable their vans are. And yes a great and amusing set of DVD's.

Cheers
Merv
AnswerID: 491937

Follow Up By: Grumblebum and the Dragon - Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 08:35

Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 08:35
What you do not see in the DVD's is the huge level of support that individual travellers will never have.

We have lived in a Bushtracker for 7 years full time - taken it over the worst tracks around and had only minor problems like failure of the fridge thermostat and a loose contact in the fridge.

Brilliiantly made and the Bushtracker Service and Support is the industry benchnmark.

John
FollowupID: 767591

Follow Up By: Dazmit - Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:20

Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 10:20
Don't know about not showing the level of support John -
The DVD's clearly show other vehicles they are running with the Van and the number of guys on the trip.
Considering what they do to the van all that goes wrong is usually cosmetic apart from busting off the awning arms and fold up step which is to be expected with what they do.

Cheers

Darryl
FollowupID: 767597

Follow Up By: The Landy - Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:00

Tuesday, Jul 31, 2012 at 12:00
Well, maybe it is only cosmetic, but given they are making the DVD they get to show you what they want you to see...and edit the bits they dn't want you to see...

Mind you looks like a good product!

FollowupID: 767603

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 17:16

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 17:16
Hi John,

I find their videos very entertaining as well.

I have said on these pages before that Barry Gall would have to be one of the luckiest blokes alive being able to spend that quality time with his boys, which I don't doubt he has done since they were kids.
The family that plays together, stays together, as the saying goes.

It is obvious that this is the case from the respect the boys show for him and his opinions.

Oh, and they make a bloody good van as well.

My brother and I have taken to copying Dave when things go a little haywire by putting one foot on a log or a stump, rocking back and forth a little and saying "The old man's not going to be happy" LOL

If you read this Dave Gall, love your work mate, love your work.

Cheers, Bruce.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 491938

Follow Up By: J.T. - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 20:01

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 20:01
The piss takes at the end are pretty funny too!

Would anyone know if they have auto trans coolers on thier tow vehicles or other mods to the vehicles?
FollowupID: 767555

Follow Up By: graham B9 - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 20:43

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 20:43
We had a kedron and towed it for a while with a 200 TD landcruiser. We thought the same thing but descovered that the vehicles come from toyota and are standard. Which is a bit of a shame as you rarely see one towed by a standard landcruiser in real life. Ours was 3500kg (or a bit more) and it struggled on wet windy roads so we swapped to a F250 and it was chalk and cheese.

No doubt ARB have approached the Kedron boys but they make conflicting accessories with toyota. Bullbars are a good example.

At christmas the gall boys take their own caravans and head to Noosa River caravan park. They movies are hard work however and take on average 6 weeks to make. They put in 16 hour days to make the films.
FollowupID: 767562

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 20:53

Monday, Jul 30, 2012 at 20:53
JT, I have had 3 Landcruisers and all were automatics, 2 80 series and one 100 series and each one has had a transmission cooler.

My mechanic laughed at one of my cruisers, the vehicle before the current one, and I asked him why he was laughing, he said "The size of that trany oil cooler"

I said "Whats wrong with it" and he said "Its so big"
That is why Cruisers have no trouble with their automatics I would say.

I thought, Ripper, that will do me. They are about 350 X 300mm.

All my cruisers have had a
second battery,
Reverse camera fitted to the vehicle
Reverse camera set up for the van
The first 2 had air bags inside the rear coils, not the current 100 ser. V8
UHF radios
ARB bullbars

Currently tow a 23 foot Jayco Sterling weight about 2.4T loaded

Cheers, Bruce

At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 767564

Reply By: pjrogg - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 07:32

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2012 at 07:32
The money spent buying thease dvds was the education dave makes, and the respect to his father.I was impressed by all thease tapes,just hope their going to make some more.
AnswerID: 492012

Sponsored Links