Support Driver/s needed for Walking Feat

Submitted: Friday, Aug 03, 2012 at 21:17
ThreadID: 97243 Views:1965 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I'm currently support driver for Sarah Eagle of Walking Feat who is walking from Armidale to Melbourne for mental health. We are currently laid up in Merimbula as she recovers from injury and exhaustion having made it as far as Eden on Tuesday. This is Sarah's 2nd big walk this year. Earlier she walked the 1,100km 88 temple pilgrimage in Japan. These walks are also helping to raise funds for SANE Australia.
I need to get back home soon to continue training and preparing for The Happy Walk but we don't have any replacement drivers.
We plan to get back on the road this Tuesday from Eden.
Sarah's walk is scheduled to finish in Melbourne on Sept 10th in an event with Pat McGorry and other mental health representatives but if anyone can help out for just a few days or a week it will be very much appreciated.
Sarah's support vehicle is a converted Merc ambulance/campervan. Automatic, diesel and easy to drive.
If you can help please contact me direct on 0412147355 before the 15th August, please keep in mind phone range will be unreliable for a few days walking south of Eden.
You can read more about Walking Feat at www.walkingfeat.com and about SANE at www.sane.org.au
I hope someone here can help out.
Cheers
Terra
Have you seen my marbles?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Saturday, Aug 04, 2012 at 21:01

Saturday, Aug 04, 2012 at 21:01
She walked 1100 around Japan!!! How much was raised with that walk!! Michael

Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

AnswerID: 492250

Follow Up By: Member - Terra'Mer - Saturday, Aug 04, 2012 at 21:19

Saturday, Aug 04, 2012 at 21:19
Sorry Michael, I don't know how much she has raised. I think the donations are made online directly through the SANE site. Sarah doesn't have access to the SANE funds but is doing this with her own funds and helped on the way with generous personal donations for fuel, food and accommodation.
Support driver is volunteer and needs to contribute to food, accommodation and any fuel to cover unnecessary sightseeing in the van.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 767919

Reply By: Member - Terra'Mer - Monday, Aug 06, 2012 at 17:47

Monday, Aug 06, 2012 at 17:47
Received a call today from an ExplorOz member to help out. Thank you so much for your generous offer to help but Sarah has managed to get a driver who can take her almost all the way from Bairnsdale to Melbourne. YAY!

Thanks for everyone's support. Sarah will be finishing in Melbourne on the 9th September and walking with me from St Kilda Pier to Station Pier as I start The Happy Walk around Australia on the 10th.

I'll post more details in a blog as soon as I have all the details so you can come and join us if you're in the area with a spare hour.

:)

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 492401

Sponsored Links