Narva 225 light up grade

Hello All
Just thought I would let you all know how impressed I am, I installed a 55w HID upgrade to my Narva 225 lights.

I cannot believe how much difference the upgrade made and how simple it was to install.The installation took now longer than 3 minutes and the difference is out standing. I know you probably don't care but for me it was the best $149.00 i spent on my Patrol.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Captain (WA) - Friday, Aug 10, 2012 at 21:59

Friday, Aug 10, 2012 at 21:59
I did a similair thing to my IPF 900's. I used to think the 100W halogen gobes were great, but the 4200K, 55W HID kit simply blew me away, made the halogens look like candles. And all for ~$115 from Ebay, complete with a slimline Digital ballast that fitted inside the housing. About the best ~$115 I ever spent!!!

Cheers

Captain
AnswerID: 492685

Reply By: AlbyNSW - Saturday, Aug 11, 2012 at 08:45

Saturday, Aug 11, 2012 at 08:45
I did the same with my Narva 225's as well and happy with the result
AnswerID: 492695

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 21:11

Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 21:11
Vern,

I've done a couple of different lights lately, and like you, couldn't believe the difference. Have been using halogen since the mid '60's, and they were the ultimate back then.

Did a set of Bosch "Bull" lights first(35w - 6000K), and while they are big and bulky, the light was so good you could see what was happening next week!!!

Image Could Not Be Found

Took them off and retro fitted some 35w - 6000K kits to Hella 4000's, using slimline ballasts, so they are totally enclosed. Very good, but no better than the slightly bigger Bosch lights.

Image Could Not Be Found

Have since added the 30" LED light bar, and it's the best combination for my ageing eyes. Only complaint is that you can't see past, even the smallest road sign, and it's often safer to turn off the HID & LED's. Would like to try the 4200K, to see the difference.

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 492786

Follow Up By: Member - Vern (North Haven SA) - Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 22:34

Sunday, Aug 12, 2012 at 22:34
I know where your coming from as I put in the 55w x 6000 and went for a night drive and when I get near a road sign i just turn them off.

What light bar did you get and what are your thoughts, I was thinking of putting a 42" bar on the roof but was waiting to see or hear from someone that has a light bar before I spend the money.
FollowupID: 768416

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 09:34

Monday, Aug 13, 2012 at 09:34
Purchased that light bar from Bright Lights, Vern. Can't remember the model number, but as said it's their 30" bar. Was 50% off too! Worth a look on their site.

Very pleased with it so far(have only done about 150km night driving so far), and it complements the Hella's quite well. Coming back to town on Friday night, was really pleased that could easily pick out cattle, and roo's, off to sides of road, which had often been difficult prior to fitting the light bar.

The bar has a flood section each side, and the centre is spot, to give extra depth. Provides a good spread either side, up to say 15-20M each side, and perhaps 200M ahead. Light is good and white, but not like the blueish tint of the 6000K HID's. Very easy on the eyes, with reduced eye strain. The HID's are almost necessary, to give depth, out past the LED beam, otherwise your eyes just relax too much and don't look past the pool of LED light. Not sure if that's very clear??

If you click on my profile pic, the light bar on the Western Star is a 40" or 42" Rigid Industries LED bar from Snake Racing. They are assisted by HID Hella 4000's. It throws heaps of light, and I just wonder if it mightn't be too much for a 4wd? Suppose you could always turn it off, eh? Wonder if 2 smaller ones might be the go, Vern?

Bob.

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 768420

Sponsored Links