Child restraint approved drawer systems

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 13:56
ThreadID: 97447 Views:3489 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,

I'm seeking any feedback regarding child restraint approved drawer systems. I know Black Widow and Outback Drawers provide an option for child restraints with their drawers, however these guys (quite rightly) tend to be at the higher end of the price range.

Is anyone aware of any quality, cheaper options available on the market that are child restraint approved?

Ultimately, I'm happy to pay any price to ensure my child's saftey (rather than modifying my current drawers or using an inferior product) but want to be in a postion to make an informed decision with all optons across the price range.

Thanks in advance for yoru assistance.

Carl
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: slave - Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 14:35

Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 14:35
There were lots of Black Widow drawers on ebay when I was looking recently. I think Mark has kits so that drawer st can fit into other types of cars as well.

Mrs S
AnswerID: 492975

Reply By: The Bantam - Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 17:41

Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 17:41
By approved...do you mean they have some sort of certification.

OR that they are built in a way that can be certified by a qualified person after installation.

I know its being picky.....but it does matter.

It my be simpler and cheaper to leave the existing draws where they are and have a common child restraint bar fitted and certified by someone qualified to do so.

These consist of a simple piece of square tube across behind the seats carrying the restraint fittings and attached in a suitable manner.

A fairly trivial matter for those who do these things.

Or it may be integrated into the cargo barrier.

cheers
AnswerID: 492986

Reply By: Trev&Ness B - Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 19:58

Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 19:58
carl
I used a local cabinate maker to custom make the draws for my patrol, all i did was drill a small enough hole in the shelf to feed the strap through. I used the bolt that the rear seat was attached to. Unfortunately most child restraint points are in the centre of the floor in the rear or on the back of the seats which make it hard for any draws to fit. What sort of car have you got? Maybe look for another point where you can attach the clip to.

trev.
AnswerID: 492996

Reply By: dagree - Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 23:09

Thursday, Aug 16, 2012 at 23:09
Carl,

Speak to your local Ironman dealer. I fitted a set of their drawers to the Paj and the big selling point was they are one of a few that are ADR compliant and Child Restraint Approved and a good price. (No affiliation just a satisfied customer)

http://www.ironman4x4.com/html/drawersystems.html

Cheers,
David
AnswerID: 493010

Sponsored Links