Troop Carrier Accessories

Hi all
I am lucky enough to be ordering a brand spanking new 2 door 5 seat GXL troopy.
I am after suggestions for fit out accessories. For example, I was thinking originally of getting the genuine Toyota bull bar, side rails & winch, but now realise that the bull bar does not have hi-lift jack or any jacking points for that matter.
I would like to put the spare on a dual holder with the high-lift & light assembly, but do I really need the extra weight? Then suspension will need upgrading also. Why not put the 2nd spare & jack in the back?
Then what options do I have for rear protection? Anyway, hopefully you get the idea...
At the end of the day, I have travelled with troopy owners that have had very little upgrades/accessories & with careful driving, take the vehicle anywhere.
Obviously, it's personal preference for some things, but a few ideas wouldn't go astray.
Thanks

Stef
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mr Pointyhead - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 09:40

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 09:40
Hi
I would have a look at the http://www.lcool.org/forum forums. There are members on it who have some very nicely setup VDJ76rs ...

AnswerID: 493380

Reply By: Member - wadams - Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 19:32

Wednesday, Aug 22, 2012 at 19:32
A good suggestion would be to take your car to the nearest ARB or TJM dealer and all your problems will be sorted. (at a cost of course).
Before you sign off on the vehicle you can get a GVM upgrade officially stamped but ONLY before you pick up the vehicle. Can't be done after it leaves the yard for the first time.
Happy motoring.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 493421

Reply By: nick DG - Saturday, Aug 25, 2012 at 23:18

Saturday, Aug 25, 2012 at 23:18
Hi Stef,

i am looking for the same truck but it seems Toyota Australia doesn't know what is the price for the 2013 model (standard diff/locks). Is that true?

Cheers,
Nick

AnswerID: 493614

Sponsored Links