Road conditions

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 16:19
ThreadID: 97851 Views:3172 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone travelled the road from Tabulam on the Bruxner H/way to Baryulgil and then across to the Clarence River crossing it just above where the Mann river joins it and on to Jackadgery on the Gwyder H/way.
If so what is the condition of the road, is it suitable for an off road caravan being towed by a Nissan Patrol.

I look forward to hearing from you

Ralph & Anne
Ralph and Anne C (NSW)

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: pmacks - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 16:46

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 16:46
Hi Ralph & Anne

we traveled from Tabulam to Grafton at Easter towing an off road van and the trip is easy !! it is just a good dirt road or at least it was then. There is a great over night camp at the causway about 20ks out of tabulam. Not 100% sure of the road we took ( there are two but they join up ) we took the road that is just over the bridge heading towards tenterfield. Very preety drive at any rate

Peter
AnswerID: 494311

Reply By: Member - Ralph & Anne C (NSW) - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 17:17

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 17:17
Thanks Peter for that info I have camped on the Mann River a few time just about 30 odd K down from the Clarence River Gorge towards Jackadgery but have not been through to Tabulam.
Ralph and Anne C (NSW)

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 494313

Reply By: Hairs & Fysh - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 19:32

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2012 at 19:32
G'day Ralph & Anne,
A great part of the world, the upper Clarence.
You shouldn't have any troubles with traveling these roads.
Are you talking about Carnham were you intent to cross the Clarence because you shouldn't have a problem. This road will lead you to the Gwyder H/way just west of Jackadgery.
Depending on where you would like to camp, there are a few places.
Washpool west of Lionsville is great, as is The Gorge.
AnswerID: 494322

Sponsored Links