$82,000 Lost in Audi dream car deal..!

Submitted: Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 12:23
ThreadID: 97865 Views:3444 Replies:9 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
Don't know somebody would hand over $82,000 up front for a car via a broker but this is a sad story. Also don't see how this was Audi's fault. It's a real warning to future buyers, don't be lazy get on the phone or the internet and get yourself a good deal.

$80k Audi Deal scam

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Geoff in SA - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 12:33

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 12:33
Buyer Beware

just a typical lazy buyer.
and he is an IT Exec.
Didnt do any work at all.
AnswerID: 494353

Reply By: Cruiser .- Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 13:17

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 13:17
Silly bugger is now going to end up paying more $$ to some greedy lawyer who has probably advised him that somehow Audi are responsible even though they had never received to order.

I feel sorry for the guy but as some else said, buyer beware.

AnswerID: 494354

Reply By: Ross M - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 15:59

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 15:59
Ego's and Trust.
Two situations which cause grief.
I have enquired about buying through a broker and each time the brokers deal was never as good as going to a dealer and dealing.

Presumably, for those pressed for time and for the incapacitated rich, who rely on a vehicle sale being organised for them the broker seems to be the way.

I have heard colleagues say "I bought it through a Broker". Sounds trendy doesn't it. Usually when I found out what they paid they certainly were BROKER than if they just went and bought it off the lot.
AnswerID: 494360

Reply By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 16:54

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 16:54
i would have handled it differently and not let the cash out of my sight, instead i would have insisted on paying them the brokerage fee and the car company the money direct on ownership of the vehicle. This one is a little different and i have some simpathy for his situation, thinking it was a normal transaction. I dont have any simpathy for the pensioners you see on TV who lose everything to a scam offering sometimes only 1% more than the banks, pure greed and stupidity!! Michael.
Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 494365

Follow Up By: fisho64 - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 21:28

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 21:28
"I dont have any simpathy for the pensioners you see on TV who lose everything to a scam offering sometimes only 1% more than the banks, pure greed and stupidity!!"

geez mate-thats a bit harsh? To someone on a pension 1% could be alot of money. Hope it doesnt happen to your oldies?
FollowupID: 770058

Follow Up By: Michael ( Moss Vale NSW) - Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 17:28

Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 17:28
Opps! Damn predictive text!! Should be sYmpathy! Hate incorrect spelling!! I should have spell checked it! Michael

Patrol 4.2TDi 2003

Retired 2016 and now Out and About!

Somewhere you want to explore ? There is no time like the present.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 770100

Reply By: mountainman - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 16:57

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 16:57
you go through a broker to get a morgage..
cant see a problem.
as for example to hunt down a turbo diesel 80 series manual is hard, and thats the brokers job to go hunt for the RIGHT vehicle, pre purchase inspections......and then get it for you where you ARE. freight, as such.

he just got caught out by this company is all..
he should win the case and get his money back.

thats alot of stress, but there are people in any industry trying to screw the customer over..

when mates go shopping for cars, i keep a look out, send emails...
using a broker would increase your chance of getting the right car.

its not a scam, the company went under.
simple.
you need to look at the overall picture.
in todays world, companies are going under, its tough!!
i have to find another job!
AnswerID: 494366

Follow Up By: TerraFirma - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 17:17

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 17:17
Not quite true the so called broker is being jailed for 8 months, the whole thing was fraudulent. I don't believe you need a broker either but thats my personal opinion. Read the whole article, he was a scammer and thats why he is in jail for 8 months. It's no longer an excuse to simply say sorry the company is going under, directors have a legal responsibility
FollowupID: 770032

Follow Up By: Cruiser .- Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 17:53

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 17:53
"he should win the case and get his money back. "

Are you serious, he paid the money to the broker who has gone bust, yet he is suing Audi who are in my opinion an innocent party as they NEVER received to order.

Why would Audi be responsible for a brokers actions and incompetence.

FollowupID: 770034

Follow Up By: Member - Wamuranman - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 19:31

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 19:31
Well its not quite as simple as that either....the sales rep at the Audi dealership apparently advised him to go through the broker:

"In the case heard by District Court Judge Michael Bozic, Mr Fisher claims he handed the $82,000 to NCA after speaking with Audi sales executive, Tiffany Cooney. He claims Ms Cooney promised NCA was an "agent of" Audi, and she had done deals with NCA "all the time".

Cheers

FollowupID: 770036

Follow Up By: pepper2 - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 20:11

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 20:11
Eight months SUSPENDED sentence no gaol time .....thats the odd thing....
FollowupID: 770045

Follow Up By: TerraFirma - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 20:16

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 20:16
First Offence and the jails are full
FollowupID: 770046

Reply By: Notso - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 17:34

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 17:34
Anything that looks too good to be true, usually is!
AnswerID: 494367

Reply By: rocco2010 - Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 19:00

Thursday, Sep 06, 2012 at 19:00
Gidday
I think you are being a bit hard on the bloke. He used a broker to buy a car ... just like some people use agents and brokers to buy and sell houses, shares, arrange insurance and finance and 101 other things.
He was the victim of a crook (as you can be when you do all the other things I mentioned) and while it seems he is drawing a long bow to try and get his money back, that is his right.
People have lots of different reasons for the way they do business and while using a broker to buy a car might not be my choice (or yours) that doesn’t necessarily make him stupid or greedy or all the other things that have been said. I have read more than a few reports from people who have found car brokers worthwhile, it is each to his own.
Afterall he had $80K to spend so he must be doing something right.
I suppose it wouldn’t have happened if he had bought a Toyota ...
Cheers
Rocco
AnswerID: 494368

Follow Up By: landed eagle - Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 07:14

Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 07:14
should have bought a hilux, i hear they're unbrokerble.
FollowupID: 770067

Reply By: get outmore - Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 03:22

Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 03:22
I Cant understand why you would use a broker for anything ?

if ever there was a more pointless job if it wasnt for lazy people thats it

i was directed to a morgage broker for my first loan and after listening to his dribble walked into the ANZ and was more than happy, got intrest off the standard rate and payed the house off in 5 years

why the hell youd get a car through a broker is totally beyond me

apparantly they got 2k out of it - if you couldnt get a better deal AND get the 2K off as well you shouldnt own a car anyway
AnswerID: 494385

Reply By: Kimba10 - Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 17:06

Friday, Sep 07, 2012 at 17:06
I Feel for the guy. We approached a broker for refinancing after we moved into our house as we didnt have drive way etc, after speaking to him and then he gave us his outcome I went to all the banks myself and said what can you do in regards to interest rates, I was better off by a full percent so told the broker and he said best he could do so my reply was see ya later. Our other friend has used car brokers over a few years and was always happy with them untill his last VW tourag, was a bucket of shit and wasnt even the correct model he thought he paid for. Now our friend works virtually 7 days a week and doesnt have time to go car shopping from yard to yard hence why he started using brokers. Also in the article it says he was recomended by Audi ?? Not sure why some one in a dealer ship would recomend some one from outside the dealership (unless I have read it wrong ??) He's probably not the first nor the last unfortunately there is always some scum bag around screwing some body else, but to hand over that some of money without seeing the car or having the keys in his hand is foolish but he probably thought thats how it works unfortunately for him... Doubt he will see his money back especially from Audi although if I read it correctly they did refer him the that broker ?? ......................
AnswerID: 494423

Sponsored Links