Dune 4WD Deluxe RV Shade (Annex)

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 15:26
ThreadID: 97920 Views:20660 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G’day to all
Do you get frustrated with so called cheep import?
We do! We went yesterday on the camping & caravan show to
Penrith and bought new Dune 4WD Deluxe RV Shade (Annex) from Anaconda.
RRP is unbelievable AU $199,~ so we were happy to pay show special
AU $140,~ As with everything these days, we come home and check it.
Not only some bits were missing but also quality of this shade was just awful. In some spots material was full of small wholes. We could see daylight through seams, as they were falling already apart and straps with buttons that should hold the fly up were tearing away even before any use.
So, we took it back to Anaconda. We wanted a new one as this looked like second hand (we taught it is from display …maybe).
Sales girl opened a new one, there was nothing missing, but quality and all damage was as same as on previous on.
To those unfortunate who bought it, I’m letting you know, so you can check it as there is 24 months warranty and it is not your fault if it is damaged. They must accept it as a return, even if you don’t have docket! It is material and design fault…. As a prove to Anaconda sales people, let them open new one in store.
I hope I will find somebody who makes same think, but good quality. You see, I know I can compromise and make something, but I wish to have real thing.
Cheers Dana
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 16:33

Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 16:33
Hi Danna

That is a real pity. I have a Black Widow and is 100% Australian made with very high quality Australian made Canvas. I can assure you that mine was nearly 4 times the RRP of the one that you purchased. It has been out in the heaviest of rain and with stood very heavy winds - being pegged down of course and we are very happy with the Black Widow.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 494578

Follow Up By: toffytrailertrash - Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 17:52

Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 17:52
The Black Widow gear is top quality and the old adage is correct...you get what you pay for...

Cheers

Merv/Di
FollowupID: 770233

Reply By: happytravelers - Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 17:57

Sunday, Sep 09, 2012 at 17:57
Hi Dana

Unfortunatly we've found the same quality problems at Anaconda, especially with their Spinifex branded products. A couple of Spinifex camp chairs fell apart after very little use and a Spinifex insulated mug had the handle fall off on it's first use.

Jon

AnswerID: 494590

Follow Up By: Danna - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 20:35

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 20:35
Hi Jon
At least girl who served us was very nice and even it wasn't her fault she apologised many, many times. Whole experience with re-turn wasn’t so bad.

Hoo Roo Dana
FollowupID: 770300

Reply By: Danna - Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 20:24

Monday, Sep 10, 2012 at 20:24
Thanks very much for your response.
I know you can buy annexes of top quality. It is not a question how much they cost, but if they suitable. They all are absolutely unsuitable for our use. Our Troopy wouldn’t fit with roofbars or roofrack thru the garage door, so we can’t even look at these options. It would be nice to know someone who can custom make these things….
But I can see, have to take out my sewing machines and start improvising…
Cheers Dana
AnswerID: 494659

Sponsored Links