Review: Priceless Campsites & Rest Areas in the NT

My Shop Item Rating: My Rating 5/5

We looking to travel around NT and WA for 5 weeks and have spent an enormous time trollng the net to find where to camp etc before discovering this book.
Put simply it is brilliant - complete descriptions, detailed directions, local attractions and sights, GPS co-ordinates and even tells you if you can get there by 2wd or 4wd and if you can have camp fires.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Villatranquilla - Thursday, Sep 13, 2012 at 13:18

Thursday, Sep 13, 2012 at 13:18
if its the Jan Holland book I agree with you - also one for Nth WA and Sth WA but they are very hard to come by. We like them better than the 'Camps' books
AnswerID: 494804

Reply By: Motherhen - Thursday, Sep 13, 2012 at 18:18

Thursday, Sep 13, 2012 at 18:18
Even though they are out of date, not a lot has changed. Just bear in mind that is it campsites and rest areas, and some listed for camping are now day area only.

Jan's books are more comprehensive than any other camping books i have seen. Better still, she gives useful first hand tourism advice better than the travel brochures and websites. Using them as our tour guide as well as to find a few private places for the night through WA and NT, i really missed my 'tour guide Jan' when we got to Queensland. Get these books while you can.

Motherhen
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 494817

Sponsored Links