Stolen 2006 Sahara Turbo Diesel from Buderim

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 13:49
ThreadID: 98032 Views:2698 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
[img]
[/img]I send this email out hoping that you will become my eyes, and look out for out Toyota Landcruiser Sahara 2006 Turbo Diesel, that was stolen from our garage at 2.30 am as we slept on Tuesday morning 11th September.

We have logged an incident report with Maroochydore police and they are attempting to locate our vehicle, however, as a collective group, I hope that we may improve its recovery rate.

We do ask that you do not intercept the vehicle if found, but call Police and state QP 1200901662 as a reference. Alternatively, please call me direct on 0400942550 and I will follow up.

The vehicle rego is 159-JLO and is pictured below.

Distinguishing features the JLO number plates( now possibly removed), rear colour coded white bumper bar. (most 100 series cruisers have grey bumpers) colour matched door handles, shinny Estate bullbar with CB antenna and fog lights, family stickers on rear window of 2 Adults, 2 children , dog and 3 chooks.
Paintwork is metallic Pearl White. Gold Turbo stickers towards rear of vehicle.

Please pass this email on to anyone that has an email work group or social network so that more eyes can be out there.

We need to find this vehicle and the persons responsible for this brazen theft! Remember, the next car stolen could be yours! Please help!

Your assistance in being our eyes is truly appreciated.

Ian and Jules Buchanan.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 16:29

Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 16:29
Ian and Jules, I am very sorry to hear of your loss, more so as it was so close (I live at Tanawha).

By now it is probably well away from here so I am unlikely to be of help. However what does interest me is how they were able to steal a late-model vehicle with its security systems from right under your nose? The answer may be of help to avoid others suffering from a similar loss, me for one.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 494965

Follow Up By: lizard - Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 23:03

Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 23:03
I don't know the facts with this case , but I know that what happens is a gang sends in some underage members into a house - around 2 am , they grab the car keys , if the owners try to stop them they are bashed and threatened by all the gang ... then off they go , when the cops grab them the underage kids walk .... and the do gooders have had another good day ....
there is a solution to this problem !
FollowupID: 770656

Reply By: CLC50 (QLD ) - Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 20:29

Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 20:29
Ian and Jules,
I am very sorry to hear of your loss, I would hate my 80 to get stolen,I hope some one see it & you get it back ,it seams these type of people need to be locked up and through away the key.
My son has the same model .
But it has happen to one of my friends & sorry to say it was recovered but a burnt out shell,.also on the Sunshine Coast it was taken from his drive away 7am in the morning & he heard nothing
AnswerID: 494978

Reply By: River Swaggie - Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 21:22

Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 21:22
Yeah mate sorry too hear the news...Its an easy plate to remember too.

159 and JLO the singer (Jennifer Lopex) if that helps others to recall it...

Goodluck..
AnswerID: 494982

Follow Up By: River Swaggie - Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 21:25

Saturday, Sep 15, 2012 at 21:25
Sorry that should have been Jennifer Lopez (short for J.LO)..
FollowupID: 770653

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 07:36

Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 07:36
That is a real bummer Ian.

Ours was purchased for my cancer bucket list trips. Insured - Yes - But they are hard to find and a new one is out of the budget.

And like Allan above I would like to know how it happened. We also have a 100 series. Please let us know. It may save more being stolen if we know.

Phil
AnswerID: 494991

Sponsored Links