exmouth trip

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 16, 2012 at 20:27
ThreadID: 98056 Views:1776 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
gday
we have just got back from our trip to exmouth. Awesome place to see. The people were great and friendly even though before the trip we were told that some off the locals can be a little unfriendly towards tourists.
It is definately a place that everyone should see.
On the way back we decided to go up to emu creek and follow the the wool cart track from nwc highway down lyndon towera road into lyndon then mangaroon, mount sandiman into the kennedy range np then into gasgoyne junction.Glad we did its great to see the parts off this state that not alot off people do. Most off the track had just been or was being graded so i think we were very lucky.

We came across a english couple between lyndon and mangaroon who were in a hertz rental troopy, I was amazed and a little discusted that they had no uhf, sat phone, compressor or any sort off basic recovery equipment that any basic 4wd traveler should have. These rental companies that rent these vehicles to overseas traverlers should provide basic equipment so they can be helped in case something happens and also so they can deflate and inflate there tyres so they look after the tracks that they come to see.

Us doing that sort off driving for the first time certainly opens your eyes to how remote and amazing this great place can be, and how easy it is to get into trouble if something was to happen. But that should never stop anyone from seeing it, the basic equipment can make a diference to your mindset.

I know that you guys have also talked about the state off some park stops etc when traveling, the amount off toilet paper scatered around the place is discusting. How hard is it to dig a hole, another basic thing that should be tought to traverlers.

I can see why there are more and more people are chosing to go a different way than where the main roads take them, I know that our next trip will definately have some other roads included in it.

trev and ness.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Phil B (WA) - Monday, Sep 17, 2012 at 03:57

Monday, Sep 17, 2012 at 03:57
Hi Trev and Ness,

Sounds like you've had a ball and you too have have the beauty in using the less travelled routes.

As you've noted many of the roads have been or are being graded, that because of the Landor Race meeting 5 to 8 Oct - see here for more http://landor.net.au

cheers
There is a lot of difference between
‘Human Being’ and ‘Being Human’.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 495060

Reply By: Steve M1 (NSW) - Monday, Sep 17, 2012 at 08:07

Monday, Sep 17, 2012 at 08:07
these rental compaanies are notoriously negligent in their renting out of their vehicles, Enough nishap has occurred by now for authorities to impose some duty of care on the hire companies.
AnswerID: 495065

Sponsored Links