2000 NM pajero

Submitted: Friday, Jan 16, 2004 at 22:42
ThreadID: 9806 Views:2265 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hello I have recently purchased a pajero and was wondering if anyone could tell me the v6 3.5 pajero's common problems
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lyds - Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 00:19

Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 00:19
This is more about issues in getting it ready for decent offroad travelling:

plastic bumpers a bit suss in the sand - mine tore so the lights dropped out - others lost the bumpers completely - Mitsubishi didn't want to know anything about it.

low clearance between tyres and wheel arches - especially if you move to a slightly larger cooper tyres. this meant scraping of front tyres against the guard,

also if heavily loaded you may not have room to get your feet in to stand on the tyre to pack the roofrack. I also shaved a few conservation mounds around the Vic high country!

if you have an exceed, there is little room for a good sized auxillary fuel tank (due to rear a/c unit).

while the 3rd seat bay is handy for say recovery gear, it limits your options when putting in drawers etc

harder to get of hold accessories compared to a cruiser or patrol.

same applies if you're out "bush" for getting parts

no option for a snorkel (well when I last looked anyway)

tight engine bay for accessories (2nd battery etc) - took a bit of reorganising to fit things in

low weight limit for roof - you don't want too much up there anyway as the Paj is narrow and taller than say a patrol.

BUT...

it was real nice for driving on bitumen - smooth and handled like a sedan, and quite capable offroad too

loved the tiptronic - like driving a clutchless manual.

I had the exceed, and all those gadgets (thermometer, compass, altimeter, rear a/c) were nice to have.

you can drive in 4WD mode on bitumen (good for wet conditions)Cheers,
Stuart
- To err is human, to moo bovine -
AnswerID: 43299

Reply By: Dean - Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 14:14

Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 14:14
I purchased mine new in August 2000. Under warranty I needed new driver's seat supports, replaced the temp/alt gauge and so far no other probs, the alt is not correct either, you will notice it changes with the barometer not the actual height.
In other words, somedays at the beach you can be at sea level or 100m up a hill.

The roof racks are a problem, they were taken off the market about 18 months ago, they were falling off. I just recieved my recall notice before christmas. Apparently the problem has been fixed and will be on sale soon. I was told they have been testing with 80kg on the racks, no probs, but will go on sale rated at 60kg.

The rear seat removal is a bonus for extra storage.

We have been really happy with ours, for the average family camper it has been more than adequate.

If we bought another it would be a Paj again, this time a DID would be the go, simply for the longer fuel range as we just starting to get a bit more adventurous.

AnswerID: 43335

Reply By: Rusty bear - Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 15:45

Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 15:45
Thankyou very much guys for the info so no real dramas mechanicly.I also have the compass alt bara gauges but no rear aircon unit does that make it an exceed and because the airfilter is on the drivers side is that why i cant put a snorkel on
AnswerID: 43342

Follow Up By: Lyds - Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 22:52

Saturday, Jan 17, 2004 at 22:52
I think the problem is the air intake is right at the front top of grill level which makes fitting a snorkel difficult.

Cheers,
Stuart
FollowupID: 305681

Follow Up By: Rusty bear - Sunday, Jan 18, 2004 at 08:23

Sunday, Jan 18, 2004 at 08:23
Thanks again Lyds so fitting a snorkel could be a little more exspensive than most
FollowupID: 305696

Follow Up By: Lyds - Sunday, Jan 18, 2004 at 08:40

Sunday, Jan 18, 2004 at 08:40
Do a web search on "snorkel pajero nm" and see what happens. I did have contact with the Safari folks some time ago and at the time they said they were looking at it. So you may be in luck.Cheers,
Stuart
FollowupID: 305699

Sponsored Links