darling river run and dowling track

hi to all members , could anyone tell me the best time of the year to do both these trips! we don't wont to get there and find roads closed due to the rain etc .we come from down south so hopefully a local can give us a heads up as to the best time to visit . regards bevie.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John and Val - Friday, Nov 09, 2012 at 15:58

Friday, Nov 09, 2012 at 15:58
Hi Bevie,

I'm not a local but have been out that way in winter months. The nights are cool/cold and days pleasantly warm. I would suggest May through till October would be OK. Summer months would be too hot.

Up in the top RHS of this page, just under the scrolling pictures you will find a red search button - it does a good job of searching the site. So just put dowling track etc into that and have a look at forum posts and blogs etc. You will find plenty of info on the site.

Cheers,

Val
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 498213

Reply By: The Bunyip - Saturday, Nov 10, 2012 at 10:24

Saturday, Nov 10, 2012 at 10:24
August through to October.
Duiring these months there's little rain up that way, lots of sun (but not too hot) & road conditions are genarally good unless you get some unseasonal weather.
AnswerID: 498265

Reply By: bevie - Saturday, Nov 10, 2012 at 14:46

Saturday, Nov 10, 2012 at 14:46
thank you for your replys looks like we will head off in August for another outback adventure .
AnswerID: 498279

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Saturday, Nov 10, 2012 at 14:59

Saturday, Nov 10, 2012 at 14:59
Keep an eye on this site - http://livetraffic.rta.nsw.gov.au/desktop.html. I note that the Darling River Run has lots of sections closed. The whole road was opened againrecently after the floods but it looks like there is a fresh lot coming down.

PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 774247

Sponsored Links