Any Recomended Extension Shacles??

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 21:14
ThreadID: 9963 Views:2245 Replies:5 FollowUps:17
This Thread has been Archived
Howdy all

Just a quick one on extension shackles. I plan 2 put some in the old Tojo for a bit of lift & wondering whether anyone knows/ recomends a good strong brand ? Even some good second handys?

hopefully not too expensive ?

cheers in advance

Rowen
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 21:24

Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 21:24
Check their legality in your state first
AnswerID: 44032

Follow Up By: LBJ - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:10

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:10
is it just me or am i just going crazy but here we go AGAIN!!!!!!. someone had to put " watch out for legality" no affence truckster but this is supposed to be a forum where you can find out about all different things to mod 4b's. SURELY people have enough brains to know that any mods require a certain amount of thought before you go through with it all. do we need to point this "LEGALITY" thing out all the time??????.
FollowupID: 306321

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 22:44

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 22:44
Whats wrong with it?

Maybe the dude doesnt know they are illegal in most states of the country..

Maybe he doesnt want to share a cell with a big black bloke called Bubba, and be Bubbas little bitch with no KY for 5-10 years (10 yrs if its a pollys kid) for killing someone in his illegal truck? not that he would need it after 1 month.

Talk about it all you like, IDGAF...

I'd rather someone informed me if the mods were legal before I handed out coin on it..

Remember if you dont like it dont read it.

YMMV.
FollowupID: 306396

Follow Up By: LBJ - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:18

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:18
Fair enough! but i think you are taking it to the extreme you f*#!ing idiot. everybody reads these forums and if they dont have an ounce of brains about them they shouldnt be doing any mods at all. as if your gonna be sent to jail you wanker. get a grip on it all. you like having your opinion heard so why dont you just let other have their say aswell. listen to your own words " remember if you dont like it dont read it" simple!!!!!! or is that too difficult for you?......by the way IDGAF :)
FollowupID: 306643

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 13:51

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 13:51
Put down the crack pipe son, its fried your brain.

"as if your gonna be sent to jail you wanker. get a grip on it all."
You dont remember the young bloke in bleep ney, that put a 350 in his hilux, and while out test driving it the throttle stuck, thru a house killed 2 kids.. He is now in Jail for driving a car with illegal mods..

It's fun making morons look dumber than they really are.

"listen to your own words " remember if you dont like it dont read it" simple!!!!!!"
You were the one who originally complained, not me.

Have a phuking bleep house day fool
FollowupID: 306656

Follow Up By: LBJ - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 14:10

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 14:10
MAYBE if you told him to check the legality in his state he wouldnt of done that!!!!!!!! as for making morons like yourself look dumber than they really are maybe you should re-read the post. i said " do we need to point out this legality thing all thebleeping time". not a complaint merely a queiry. you obviously have an understanding problem. btw i havent the time to be remebering every single vehicle event in the country. i do have a life and maybe you should get one too "fool". and as for telling me to have a" bleep house day fool", gobleeping grow a dick andbleepyourself with it youbleeping stupid wanker.
FollowupID: 306658

Follow Up By: LBJ - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 14:15

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 14:15
btw the bleeps mean " bleep ". see if you can understand that!!!!!! moron..
FollowupID: 306660

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 21:45

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 21:45
"MAYBE if you told him to check the legality in his state he wouldnt of done that!!!!!!!! "

And for someone with your lower IQ than a sandstone block, may not realise that is exactly what I said in my first reply.. was it not?
Here I'll save you the trouble.

Truckster wisely stated:
"Check their legality in your state first "

Be good when you go back to school to learn how to put a sentence together wont it? Isnt school back yet?
You have a life, LMAO, it isnt an educated one thats for sure.
FollowupID: 306712

Follow Up By: LBJ - Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:50

Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 11:50
Truckster, you are obviously more stupid than you look!!. do you not understand "SARCASM"? or are you that much of a wanker you cant see it..... we dont see eye to eye on many subjects and i actually agreed with you on a recent question ( to my fasination). this arguement is going nowhere so i am just going to agree to disagree. surely you a mature enough to comply!!!
FollowupID: 306990

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 23:18

Friday, Jan 30, 2004 at 23:18
No point trying to back out now, you lost.

You are the weakest link... Bye bye..
FollowupID: 307060

Follow Up By: LBJ - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:26

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:26
you even watch sh*t tv shows aswell!!!! bleep your hopeless....wanker.
FollowupID: 307357

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:39

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 11:39
Thats the best you can do? And I'm hopeless. Schools back in, you better run, you'll be late.

Oh and thats from the TV commericals.

I dont watch TV.
FollowupID: 307363

Follow Up By: LBJ - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:46

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 12:46
thats right, your argueing with a school kid. thats pretty mature of you isnt it Truckster!!! you should grow up. you dont watch tv but you know tv commercials????????? that makes sense doesnt it ya wanker!
FollowupID: 307368

Follow Up By: Jack666 - Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 13:12

Tuesday, Feb 03, 2004 at 13:12
Ok Truckster- nil .LBJ -the winner ....Truckster ...LBJ simply pointed out that you seem to mention the legality issue a rather large amount of time on this forum..and also stated he meant no offence then you seem to go on about some crap with bubba and a jail cell and then IDGAF?
Seems to me you may have some issues here Truckster and then go on about crack pipes as well?????hmmmmmmmmm ...as LBJ pointed out..if you are on this forum and modding a 4B surely the legality thing is the first thing that would be sussed out..its plain to me anyway
FollowupID: 307371

Reply By: Willem - Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 22:22

Thursday, Jan 22, 2004 at 22:22
Make your own. Buy a short length of scrap steel....say 5mm thick and as wide mor wider as your old shackles and then you can play with what size you need. Get a machine shop to drill the holes. Stuff the legalities...wait till you get pulled over .....chances are you never will.......

Cheers,
Willem

Always going somewhere
AnswerID: 44046

Follow Up By: Blinky - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 10:23

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 10:23
Waste of money getting your truck insured if you are going to ignore the road worthiness. But I'm sure your insurance company will over look such matters in the event of you needing them.
FollowupID: 306314

Follow Up By: Willem - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:35

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:35
Hey Blinky...my insurance company doesn't exist.... don't believe in insurance but do believe in getting away with as much as I can when it comes to fiddling with 4bies:-)
Willem

Always going somewhere
FollowupID: 306332

Reply By: Dennis (Brisbane) - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:25

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:25
Illegal in Qld :(
AnswerID: 44089

Reply By: pathfinder - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:03

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:03
get the jointed shackles - dramatically improve articulation...
AnswerID: 44093

Reply By: Blinky - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 13:50

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 13:50
I'm sure there would be a large number that think you could just stick extended shackles on with no problems because you can buy them over the counter. This doesn't mean they are legal on our roads. It is up to the purchaser to be responsible & get the proper certification.

That is why a site like this have these warnings to cover themselves
http://www.bigballsoffroad.com/webcontent17.htm

Quote: Many parts we sell are for OFF ROAD USE ONLY it is the responsibility of the purchaser to check with their local registration /police/regulatory bodies and insurance companies BEFORE ordering.

This forum is a place where we can exchange our views. I'll sure the owners of the forum would not want its members chatting about under the table dealings such as driving an unroadworthy truck around until you get caught out. There are two sides to this story & the legal side is the other.

In these days of public liability the harder you make it to get caught out the better you'll be in the long run.
AnswerID: 44107

Follow Up By: Foss - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 16:04

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 16:04
To start with, this is just my opinion.

This is a public forum. We ( the collective we ) are a partial representative of the 4wd movement and can be directly quoted from what we write here. This thread is dangerously close to making us all look like redneck hooligans.

I think it is wholeheartedly irresponsible of people to be openly flouting the ADRs and other laws in print on this site. If you feel that you must make statements about the pettiness of others that are concerned with keeping the general public safe and our collective image shiny in the public eye by at least mentioning the fact that certain modifications may not be legal then at least have the decency to paraphrase it with " Speaking for myself " or " IMHO " not just shut your mouth about the legalities, i'm sick of the law !!

As for not having insurance.. pity help the person that is disabled by someone with no assets, insurance or insurance but an illegally modified vehicle. When the courts have stripped you of everything you own and placed a garishee order on you until you have paid of whatever insurmountable debt you have incured please remember to come back here and post your story so we can all feel sorry for you.

Last but not least, the poor bugger that gets hurt, they are the ones that end up paying for it for the rest of there lives because of your selfish actions. Can you live with that ?
FollowupID: 306353

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 22:57

Friday, Jan 23, 2004 at 22:57
Foss,

as usual I agree with you...
Some other poor bleep is the one that loses out..

Having just been thru that for 4 years since my wipeout...
FollowupID: 306398

Sponsored Links