Moronic bogan lowlifes

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 16:05
ThreadID: 99769 Views:3004 Replies:8 FollowUps:16
This Thread has been Archived
Article - bashing at campsite in WA

Why is it that people like this seem to be everywhere these days? Is it because of the mining industry? Given the fact that these total losers can afford speedboats it is the only explanation as if it wasn't for mining they'd be pushing trolleys at Coles for a living instead and would own nothing more expensive than a 3rd hand Holden Berlina.

These guys are everywhere it's become an epidemic. They walk around in groups with their ridiculous sleeve tattoos thinking they are so tough but they are just a bunch of soft little cowards and is exactly the reason we seek total isolation when we go camping these days as there are just too many selfish, ignorant w***ers around intent on ruining your fun these days. If by some chance anyone involved in this cowardly attack is reading this (although I doubt your ability to read) I hope you get what's coming to you. When the boom is over all you will have left to remind you of what you had will be your stupid faded tattoos. Rant over!

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Facebook App - Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 16:45

Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 16:45
Karin-Joe Oswald posted this reply on the ExplorOz Facebook page:

Something like this happened a few years ago on one of the North West Coast Beaches.....pays to say nothing, pack up ones kit and move on to somewhere else.
AnswerID: 501547

Reply By: SDG - Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 17:06

Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 17:06
Don't need to be working in the mining industry to afford things like that. Many on the dole are buying expensive items, and there are a fair few of them who have lost all respect for anything, or anyone, including themselves.
AnswerID: 501548

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 18:01

Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 18:01
Yeah you see them everywhere SDG. Apparently those dole bludgers are buying up all the Mercs, taking holidays in Europe, and trying to corner the platinum market between visits to the pub. You gotta wonder why anyone suspected of 'dole bludging' isn't given a public flogging. Sure we might round up a few innocent bystanders but what the heck.
FollowupID: 777736

Follow Up By: SDG - Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 23:18

Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 23:18
Not exactly sure how to take that follow up Bazooka.
FollowupID: 777768

Reply By: Wilko (Parkes NSW) - Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 18:52

Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 18:52
Hi Cruiser,

It comes down to responsibilities and accountability, Give em 10 years weekend detention for violent attacks and watch the occurrences drop. We need to stop being a weak knee'd nation, harden the bleep up and be prepared to get the oxygen thief's off the streets for good if necessary.

Rant over as well

Cheers Wilko

AnswerID: 501559

Reply By: pop2jocem - Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 19:05

Thursday, Jan 03, 2013 at 19:05
As frustrating as it is to see these a--holes endangering others maybe the best thing to do in these situations is do what the coppers recommend. Get all the details you can, including pics, it looks like someone was recording their antics, going by the report, maybe with a mobile phone, ring the coppers and let them handle it. These clowns were probably full of grog and maybe a few illegal chemicals that made them brave and even then they needed to travel in a pack. Get them sober and by themselves and they are usually pretty meek.

Cheers
Pop
AnswerID: 501565

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser74 - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 10:53

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 10:53
Hi Pop,

Yes I agree but I can understand the frustration of the guy that had words. Probably had his family and kids there and wanted to enjoy the river on NYE without worrying about getting killed. He was essentially just protecting his family. The coppers are involved now it's just a shame it took an assault to get them down there. Hope these idiots get caught.

Cheers

Craig
FollowupID: 777800

Reply By: The Explorer - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 01:36

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 01:36
.....sorry but I had to laugh

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 501588

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser74 - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:05

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:05
Haha, Irony doing its thing!
FollowupID: 777804

Follow Up By: Bazooka - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 14:55

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 14:55
Fast-acting management? :-)
FollowupID: 777839

Reply By: Rockape - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 05:50

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 05:50
Geez Cruiser,

I am glad you are not a judge, jury and executioner. Cause it looks like you would exterminate half the mining population.

The attack is not nice but your conclusion as to who did it is way out there.

RA.

AnswerID: 501591

Follow Up By: gbc - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 10:00

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 10:00
Yeah I think its a long bow to link mining to that.
FollowupID: 777788

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser74 - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:04

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:04
Hi RA/gbc,

You are entitled to your opinion but I have worked in the mining industry running the camps and only recently got out because I am sick of dealing with these sorts of people. Admittedly, it does sound like I am tarring everyone in the industry with the same brush which is not fair but if you were to go up there and see for yourself and hear some of the stories that I have heard what these clowns get up to on their leave and R&R you would not blame me for my line of thinking. These guys fit the description of the cashed up bogan, sleeve tattoos, speed boats et al. I will be watching the news with interest in the hope that these guys get caught and will not be at all surprised if the article reads ".......Barry Bogan, a mining worker in WA's north has been charged with....."

Cheers
FollowupID: 777803

Follow Up By: Rockape - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:39

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 11:39
I find it hard to believe you got out because off that.

Maybe you got out because you didn't like a lot of things about the location, upper management and being away.

All camps I have lived in and there have been many were easily controlled.

They simply withdrew the offenders accommodation. No accommodation, no job, no trouble maker.

The last place I was at. The most serious offences were from 2 upper management personnel and 1 middle management person. I must admit they didn't have tatts and spoke very well. Butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

Gotta ask were these people at the camp miners or construction works building a mine, because from my experience mining companies don't put up with bad behaviour.

Here are the camps I have lived in Bougainville Camp1, Greenvale, Kidston, Weipa Evans Landing, Selwyn and Cannington Qld. So I guess I know a little about camps.

Please wait until they are charged and convicted then you can have your say about what they do.

RA. Retired Bogan.

FollowupID: 777812

Follow Up By: AlanTH - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 12:06

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 12:06
You and others are right Rockape, wait until the facts come out before tarring evrybody with the same brush.
Like Rockape I worked in places like Bougainville (Panguna) many years ago and lots of road job/mine sites since and trouble makers were generally moved on pretty quick.
BUT, the behaviour of some mine workers when they leave site leaves a lot to be desired which is why booze has been taken off flights between the NW and Perth.
Tatts right up their arms (always hanging out the utes window) says nothing except they've probably got a few brain cells less than normal.
And it's not just miners who exhibit brainless, thoughtless, moronic behaviour everywhere they go. Idiots come in all shapes and sizes.
AlanH.
FollowupID: 777816

Follow Up By: Member - Cruiser74 - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 13:18

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 13:18
Hi RA,

I had been in the industry for 6 years running camps from the goldfields right up to the far north west. In my time I have had to deal with several assaults, abusive behaviour, rapes on site, people making bombs on the outskirts of the camp for fun, vehicle theft resulting in car rollovers, the theft of booze from the wetmess by forceably breaking in, threats both physical and verbal to me and my staff and I could go on. You can choose to believe what you like but I was certainly not anywhere near the upper end of the salary range for the industry and did not feel the job was worth what went along with it.

You are correct in saying that the mining industry does not put up with bad behaviour and everyone involved in the issues I have mentioned above was sent packing but there is always another idiot ready to step up. There is so much work around these guys just end up getting a job somewhere else especially if they are just on the dump trucks. I also said in my previous post that it seemed I was tarring everyone with the same brush and that was not my intention. There are also a lot of great people up there but I stand by my comment, they fit the description of mining workers. If I am wrong I will wear it but in the mean time that is the assumption I have made and I stick by it.

Cheers
FollowupID: 777826

Follow Up By: Member - Dirt Princess - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 20:13

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 20:13
Hi Cruiser74
I agree with your last post. Hubby and 2 sons work for mobile rail team big corporate company. They have the exact same problems of idiots joining the teams. Causing problems and then asked to leave. Next thing they run into them at mining camps or on another team because of upper management connections or come back after a few months with story about got things straight and ready to work again etc. Any excuse but hey, company employs them again and guess what they fail again. They fail alcohol and drug tests but still are overlooked. The systems only works if the company and management are consistant with their regulations etc. Heard of stories of spending big on drugs on their weeks off etc. So add that to the mix of being idiots and what are we left with. A problem that has no solution and is growing. Worried for grandies sakes.
FollowupID: 777864

Follow Up By: Wilko (Parkes NSW) - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 21:24

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 21:24
Gents,

Ive been in the mining game since 1991 (before that, 7 years as a drillers offsider on the old's drill rig on hols) I dont think the majority of miners are like that.

Its like the general population, Most people are decent but I think about 15% of the mining workforce and the general population are oxygen thief's who should be culled.

Bit harsh but the world would be a better place if there was an open season on dip shits. Say 3 months every year, so they dont get eliminated just reduce their number sufficiently.

Cheers Wilko
FollowupID: 777871

Follow Up By: Rockape - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 21:25

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 21:25
Dirt Princess,
Miners! the only place I know they run trains into a mine is Escondida in Chile.

So are they rail workers or miners. Think about it.

RA.

FollowupID: 777872

Follow Up By: Rockape - Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 21:46

Friday, Jan 04, 2013 at 21:46
Wilko,
drop that to about 5% and I will agree with you.

RA.
FollowupID: 777875

Follow Up By: Member - Dirt Princess - Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 00:15

Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 00:15
Hi RA
All I know is that the men folk have worked with the same rail company for many years and have been in a mine camp NW so maybe rail not necessarily into a mine but near? It isn't worth an arguement over just putting my two bobs worth in with regard to behaviour being reported back to me and my concerns.
Cheers
Dirt
FollowupID: 777891

Follow Up By: Andrew & Jen - Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 09:05

Saturday, Jan 05, 2013 at 09:05
Hullo RA
I recall a piece of research back in the early 70s - think it was by Burchell and Raymond in a report published by the Australian Road Research Board - that 8% of the adult population was responsible for 70% of road incidents.
This 8% had a high correlation with those who were involved in DV, disturbing the peace, physical violence, graffiti, excessive alcohol use, road rage, etc - in a nutshell, generally anti-social behaviours.
That is, and not surprisingly, if they behaved in an anti-social way generally, they were more than likely to behave in that way as drivers.
I suspect that this % might have increased a bit over the years and might well be over represented in some communities.
Cheers
Andrew
FollowupID: 777896

Reply By: Member - Justin O (QLD) - Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 15:46

Tuesday, Jan 08, 2013 at 15:46
I would assume standards would have changed these days. I worked on seismic camps in the Great Sandy, Gibson and Simpson Deserts in the early 80's and 60% of the characters were just out of gaol or hiding from something. If you didn't have a thick skin and toughen up fast you didn't survive
AnswerID: 502011

Reply By: ExplorOz Facebook App - Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 17:55

Saturday, May 11, 2013 at 17:55
Karin-Joe Oswald posted this reply on the ExplorOz Facebook page:

Something like this happened a few years ago on one of the North West Coast Beaches.....pays to say nothing, pack up ones kit and move on to somewhere else.
AnswerID: 510813

Sponsored Links