Time to upgrade the GPS

Hi All,

My 7 year love affair with my Magellan Gold has come to an end, as the Magellan has chucked a wobbly.
I found it a good GPS with the PC software good for planning and down loading trips, bad point was small screen and not a particularly easy unit to use.

I have been given a 7” GPS running ce and ozzy explorer already loaded. Looks good but I don’t really know how to use it and I don’t know if you can pre plan a trip on a PC and download it to the GPS (although I suspect you would).

My questions, is there anywhere that provides training on using ozzy explorer, and best place to buy an original copy of the software.

Any thoughts on the suitability of this software and is there another preferred GPS out there

Maybe I should update the Magellan

All thoughts greatly accepted

Rgds
Ian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2013 at 11:13

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2013 at 11:13
Hello

Best place to download the original software is from.....wait for it.....

The OziExplorer Website :) ...

For starters read the help file that comes with the software (both the PC version and the CE version).

Here are some handy tutorials - OziExplorer Tutorials

and here are some video tutorials on using OziCE on the Hema Navigator - Video Tutorials - HEMA Navigator (4.3") ...a different unit to yours but OziCe and basic concepts all the same.

Lots of OziExplorer users on this forum so if you have any questions someone out there will know the answer.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 502098

Follow Up By: Member - Noldi (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2013 at 12:07

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2013 at 12:07
Ha ha thanks Greg should have thought of that, put it down to no sleep in the heat. Will look at the tutorials first
FollowupID: 778461

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2013 at 12:49

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2013 at 12:49
Also ...Chart and Map Shop in Fremantle run OziExplorer courses

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 778468

Follow Up By: Member - Noldi (WA) - Wednesday, Jan 09, 2013 at 13:23

Wednesday, Jan 09, 2013 at 13:23
Thanks Greg, videos were good, tutorials made me think the $100 for the training course would be worth while
FollowupID: 778472

Reply By: Ian J1 - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 13:05

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 13:05
Hi,

Have you considered the Mud Map M7?

- It runs Ozi Explored CE
- it has a 7 inch screen
- It is preloaded with Australia wide maps from 3 map publishers including Westprint, BackCountry and NATMAP Topo
- it includes +3000 Caravan Park and Campsite Point of Interest
- It allows for trip planning directly on the device or to load plans you have made on the PC
- It also has turn by turn road navigation with latest NAVTEQ street data
- you can hook it up to a reverse camera

Check it out here: www.mud-maps.com/m7

Cheers,
AnswerID: 504061

Follow Up By: Member - Noldi (WA) - Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 16:47

Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 16:47
Thanks Ian, Just got back from a week in Melbourne.
Looks good and will consider if the 7" unit I have goes wheels up. I have recently purchased Ozi Exp and the ce application. Not spent much time with it yet.

Thanks for the link
FollowupID: 781045

Sponsored Links