Air Command Ibis Air Conditioner? Help

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 17:02
ThreadID: 100034 Views:13958 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
What are the error messages E4 & E5 that come up when I try to run my air conditioner on a very hot day?
Once again a nice 39degree day but I have waited until there is shade over the top of the van: Switch on, shows temp at 44 degrees works on auto fan & cool takes temperature down to 35 degrees blowing cold air. Then wacko E5.
I can't find any help via the Air Command web site. Any ideas
Regards to all, stay safe
PeterM
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 17:12

Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 17:12
Have a look on here.

http://www.aircommand.com.au/kb.php?product_id=ibis&build_id=56

If you click on the knowledgebase document towards the bottom of the page - Technical manual Ibis (in blue) you should find what you are looking for.

regards,

Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 502789

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian, SA - Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 21:06

Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 21:06
Seems all RV airconditioners have ambient hot and cold operational limits - a safety issue. Not much help when its freezing or mega hot but its better than having them explode into flames :-o)..... our Ibis has been trouble free over 3 years of moderate use, but we have not had to test it's limits yet.
AnswerID: 502805

Reply By: RussellP - Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 22:58

Thursday, Jan 17, 2013 at 22:58
Our Ibis threw an E4 error at 25 months old. Which apparently can mean that the compressor is stuffed.

Anyway, it turns out the wires to the compressor were cut by the plastic cover and there was nothing wrong with the compressor. The technician re-built the wire harness and all is good. Said he'd seen the same thing on another unit a month or two ago.

AnswerID: 502818

Reply By: Member - Peter M (QLD) - Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 07:12

Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 07:12
Thank you all.
Our Air Cond is 5 years old & at 3 years old during a very wet spell in Qld we had a burn out. IE: the wireung harness was in a little tray that filled with water and shorted out the wireing system. Air Command wouldn't replace it under warrenty even though this particular model had a recall to rectify this design fault. We were the second owners our problem. But in theory the wireing to the compressor should be good.
NOTE: When the outside temperature dropped las t night to about 30 degrees the air cond was switched on & is still working. No error message. B interesting to see what happens as the morning warms up. Now 25 deg outside.
Thanks again for your help
Peter M
AnswerID: 502827

Sponsored Links