BushFire Test Time

Submitted: Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 09:52
ThreadID: 100047 Views:2293 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Today could be the day that tests bushfire response plans that have been put in place since Victorias Black Saturday.

Multiple small fires are beginning to link up to the south west of much of the high country we love to enjoy.

Licola is already cut off again with fires spotting down thru Glenmaggie to Heyfield.

The situation is particularly concerning as a significant wind change is approaching.

We have already had one close call this week and its no joke so don't stuff around.

Last time information was poor and misleading, but now already friends are getting text and phone warnings.

Our thoughts go out to many people we know in the area - take care !
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bushranger1 - Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:12

Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 12:12
G'day Robin,

May I suggest a test?

We can test how long one of these firebugs will last in town if we can catch them and announce their presence to all the locals!
Get the mongrels that start the fires & let the locals deal with them!

After Ash Wednesday a looter was caught in our street & for some reason he had a couple of "accidents" before the police arrived.

Cheers
Stu
AnswerID: 502861

Follow Up By: Robin Miller - Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 13:07

Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 13:07
Hi Stu

I remember that one well as we were inspecting a house in Mt Morton road - and a few days later what was left of it.

At least your looter was after the event - the cause of the our Murrindindi Black saturday fire was listed as "suspicous" and its probably better not to comment on the views of the locals.

The timeline of the Murrindini fire which caused so many deaths is quite revealing and today is shaping up as maybe the first real test of the improved response systems.

http://www.royalcommission.vic.gov.au/Commission-Reports/Final-Report/Volume-1/Chapters/The-Murrindindi-Fire
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 779406

Sponsored Links