Any ideas on tv mount for a goldstream gold storm wind up.

Submitted: Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 11:42
ThreadID: 100048 Views:2359 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I have done a quick search with no results so I was wondering if anybody else had a flat screen led tv fitted in their van and what they used and or recommended .
Not sure a ceiling mount is appropriate or how / where a side mount will work.
Thanks
2013/14 around oz adventure bound

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: HGMonaro - Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 13:45

Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 13:45
I don't think there's room for a permanent mounted TV in a wind-up. Climb inside while the bed ends are in and roofs down and see where it might reside.

We have a Wing 3 and carry our TV (small LCD) in the under seat storage over the wheel. I divided up the area (see picture in link) and lined the area with foam for protection. We don't use the TV much but it's easy to get out if needed.

Cheers, Nige
AnswerID: 502867

Follow Up By: Member -Toonfish - Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 09:18

Saturday, Jan 19, 2013 at 09:18
Thanks nige our vans are similar in layout so I guess I'll just go with the same plan for now too
What type of aerial do you use?
2013/14 around oz adventure bound

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 779504

Follow Up By: HGMonaro - Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 14:44

Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 14:44
usually 'rabbits ears'. I do have some fandangled UFO looking unit that never seems to work... and always seem to resort to the rabbits ears. I can't remember if the last time I used it we had it tuned to digital or analogue... that was one beauty of analogue signals, you could still see/hear something with a poor signal. Digital is all or nothing! Rabiits Ears are probably not the best option but worth throwing in a pair just in case!
FollowupID: 779685

Reply By: Wranglerrjm - Tuesday, Jan 29, 2013 at 14:50

Tuesday, Jan 29, 2013 at 14:50
G'day Toonfish

We have a Wing ST III and even though Ryan at the Pakenham showroom may deny it, I'm the guy that gave Goldstream the idea of mounting a removable TV swivel arm to the fold-up wall that forms the shower cubicle. However I doubt your version has that flexibility, so I offer the following; do not mount it to the roof unless you have substantial additional support added. I once fitted a satellite dish to ours and got a glimpse of internal construction, suffice to say it wouldn't support a ceiling mounted tv bracket.

But it's not all doom and gloom, I once saw a Goldie with a large fold-down TV screen with built-in DVD player mounted to the centre of the vans ceiling. It might not be as big as some TV's in vans nowadays, but they are 12 volt, easy to fold away (when closed they're no thicker than the existing light fittings) and they're reasonably cheap to purchase off ebay (albeit generally from China). Larger variants also offer the ability to swivel, just remember not to head butt it!

Hope this inspires!
AnswerID: 503555

Sponsored Links