Nosy neighbours!!,

Submitted: Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 20:23
ThreadID: 100111 Views:4670 Replies:9 FollowUps:14
This Thread has been Archived
Mate has a bush block, and asked if i would make him a few challenging 4wd tracks, a few humps and holes etc with the excavator as i was in the area.

All was good and i enjoyed thinking how i could stop his old GQ nissan from completing the circut...lol....Until his nosy neighbour stuck his head in and ran to council!!. Very little clearing of vegetation was done and no major erosion problems created,....Why..Why..?? can't people just mind their own bees wax/, if council had turned up on their own accord, then so be it, some people just give me the you know what!.

Cheers Axle.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robin Miller - Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 20:53

Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 20:53
Always pays to do your research first Axle then work within boundaries as far as possible and then its no real issue if the limits get stretched occasionally.

I know people who have completely flouted the guidelines and had to re-veagate.

In my case I am allowed to do anything with hands held tool so I invested in electric jack hammers , chainsaws etc .

I achieve my objectives by creatively fitting within the rules.
Robin Miller

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 503099

Follow Up By: Axle - Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:24

Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:24
Agree to a point Robin , It dosen't make much difference once the phone call is made, they have to inspect and even if its only a minor issue they will make insane documentation to make the visit worth while , Depending who it is of course!

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 779712

Reply By: Phillipn - Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:26

Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:26
Get a drilling rig in to sink a bore, tell the neighbours it`s a coal seam gas well.
That will get their pulse pumping.
AnswerID: 503101

Follow Up By: Axle - Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:38

Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:38
LOL!.... Need a fleet of ambulances if i was to say that where we are at the moment.

Cheers Axle.
FollowupID: 779713

Follow Up By: Phillipn - Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:54

Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:54
Live ouy Glenugie way or some where in the northern rivers of NSW
FollowupID: 779715

Reply By: Alan S (WA) - Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:45

Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:45
Hi Axle

The neigbours concern may not be vegataion or errosion but noise. A small 4wd track through a block that is used occasionally by the owner in my view is not a problem.

However the same track can be used for motorbikes as well, and there is a different noise issue.

Although yoru mates intention may be just for his own use there will also be the concern that others will use it.

The council then has to ensure that the land is used for its zoning.

If the track could be placed near the fence line could you call it a firebreak?

Alan
AnswerID: 503104

Follow Up By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:48

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 10:48
Saw a great ad on TV. Couple of blokes turned the "boom box" up and their hats sidways when a car approached their "beside the water" camp. When the car got close and heard the rukus and saw the "wierdos" they continued past the camp. Then the stereo went down the hat was put on straight and the two blokes rocked back in their chairs saying just two words "Great spot" and "Yeah". These two just wanted quiet and solitude and gave the "impressions" that there was noise to had near them.

Maybe the neighbour is worried about "future" noise as well. Imagine for years living next to a place like "Cruiser Mountain" (is that the right name. Initially very quiet. Not so later. Their quiet retirement shattered.

But Axle. I agree with your sentiment. Once was a house was a mans castle. No so these days mate. Red tape (appropriate colour) everywhere.

Phil
FollowupID: 779751

Reply By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:47

Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 21:47
So what was the result in the end Axle.
AnswerID: 503105

Reply By: Nutta - Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 22:48

Monday, Jan 21, 2013 at 22:48
Its just the way the gov are training sheeple to dob each other in these days, and it works!
And its gunna get a lot worse yet, so many goody goodies trying to save the world!!
AnswerID: 503115

Follow Up By: mikehzz - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 06:40

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 06:40
It's very odd when good people trying to save the world is a bad thing, don't you think? I take it that baddy baddies trying to destroy the world is also a bad thing so what is a good thing? People who don't give a toss and do nothing I suppose. People, we must be vigilant that we aren't extra good and please leave the world alone. I do know another very bad thing, kids with trail bikes finding an obstacle course next door to me. That's grounds for justifiable homicide.
FollowupID: 779732

Follow Up By: Hairy (NT) - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 13:49

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 13:49
Geez..... you really tried to turn that into something else Mike...LOL
Its just a saying ........like" do -gooders".....it doesnt mean doing something good is wrong, does it?
You gotta choose your words very carefully on here Nutta.....there are people lurking around ready to jump!
FollowupID: 779769

Reply By: 410 - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 07:33

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 07:33
Hi Axle
Next time council is clearing land for a new estate look how many trees get the chop. I no noise can be an issue if you are to close, but i am sure you thought of that and you where doing as your mate asked, build a track on HIS PROPERTY. Tell the neighbour your mate has decided to put in a brothel, nudist camp or other ! Or go and stick your nose in his business.
AnswerID: 503125

Reply By: Lyn W3 - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:26

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:26
Not to sure where you are Axle but here in Qld we have the implementation of the Native Vegetation Act to contend with, PMAV maps of every property telling what you can and can't do. If you are in the Pink Zone you can't even fart in the forest.

AnswerID: 503134

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 13:40

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 13:40
Hi Axle

Next time tell them you are putting in some fire hazard control tracks with a view to doing some hazard reduction burns come winter.

They can't argue with that.
At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 503141

Follow Up By: Member - John and Regina M - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 14:05

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 14:05
Yes that's a good idea Bruce.
Lie.

Great role model for our children.
FollowupID: 779772

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 14:36

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 14:36
Hi John and Regina,
Just read your othert post which the moderators have locked.

My only suggestion is 'Go get a life'!!!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 779776

Follow Up By: Member - John and Regina M - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 14:38

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 14:38
Thanks Bruce C
Very mature post. You should be proud.
FollowupID: 779778

Follow Up By: neville e2 - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 15:33

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 15:33
re great role model It is a great idea Bruce.- if hazard reduction burns had been carried out near Coonabarabran maybe, just maybe 50 homes may not have been lost.
FollowupID: 779783

Follow Up By: Wilko (Parkes NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 16:35

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 16:35
Hi Bruce,

Totally agree, there's more then one way to skin a cat. Reduction burns should be mandatory.

Cheers Wilko
FollowupID: 779788

Follow Up By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 16:50

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 16:50
Hi Neville,

While I do not think that hot weather was all that exceptional (I can remember many such incidents in my 67 years).

Watkin Tench was an officer with the first fleet and in his diary reprinted in the SMH recently, wrote of a day not long after the arrival of the first fleet very similar to the hottest day last week. The temps recorded then compared to last weekvaried by only fractions of a degree. That was 225 years ago.

Re Coonabarrabran;
I do not believe that much could have been done to lessen the impact of that particular fire. The weather was extremely hot, on top off a serious dry spell which caught us all by surprise, especially after 3 or 4 very wet years.

I watched a storm go over here on the coast and the number of lightening strikes was something else to see.

I saw one strike go down and back up 4 times in that one strike.
With hundreds of strikes or maybe even thousands per storm the potential for catastrophy is great. There were thousands upon thousands of hectares of dry grass feed around Coona just waiting for the right circumstances to light up. And light up they did.

I doubt all the fire control in the world would have stopped it.
I was out in the bush on my place the day before and the vapours in the air were such that they smelt like they could have been ignited. It was that hot and dry. It puts you on edge when you live with it.

My heart goes out to all those who have lost a great deal in those fires. You would need to be in their shoes to know what it is like.

But as one chap out there said " Fire is our greatest freind and our worst enemy also". So true.

Don't get me started on the lack of action on fire control by the NPWS. It has been done to death. I am surrounded by the buggars.

Cheers, bruce.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 779791

Reply By: Rockape - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 15:31

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 15:31
G'day Axle,

I know where you are coming from but I also know why the rules are there.

Couple of examples. Many years ago in a land far, far away I was part of a land pulling team. The landowner who by the way had a Sir before his name wanted to clear 20,000 acres. The boss asked him about leaving all the Ironbark ridges and poor country alone but know! He wanted the whole lot pulled. His answer was clear the lot. Guess now I know how bright you have to be to have Sir before your name.

Other place that comes to mind is the northern end of the Gold Coast where there were a hugh population of Koalas. You note I said were. What the dozers didn't get the dogs cleaned up. Now Koalas are getting close to being on the endangered list in Queensland.

I have no problems with clearing regrowth, dangerous trees or fire hazards and having sustainable logging. Some just don't know when to stop.

Have a good one,
RA. (We never own land, we just look after or destroy it until we kick the bucket).
AnswerID: 503146

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 19:36

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 19:36
"We never own land, we just look after or destroy it until we kick the bucket"
Aint that the truth RA,
I remember watching the first Crocodile Dundee movie. Mick was explaining his take on "land ownership". He pointed to some boulders and said something like about the rocks being there for a few million years and they would be there for a few million after they both were gone.
Only thing he didn't take into account was the mining mobs digging 'em up and shipping 'em out....lol

Cheers
Pop

No mate, not having a go at you...hehehe
FollowupID: 779804

Follow Up By: Rockape - Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 21:16

Tuesday, Jan 22, 2013 at 21:16
Pop,
the best to see with mining is when they drop 10 litres of oil on the ground. It is barricaded, the emergency response clean up team arrives and goes into action. Then when it is cleaned up the paperwork starts. Reams of it with how did it happen, who is to blame, was the SWI followed and so on until there is hanging.

Funny 1000 litres a week gets dropped underground and no one bats an eye. We are a strange mob. Ha. Ha.

Heres looking at you,
RA.
FollowupID: 779810

Sponsored Links