Inquiries re Grassy Head and Hat Head Caravan Parks NSW

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 23, 2013 at 19:39
ThreadID: 100149 Views:2197 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi. Your opinion please of Grassy Head and Hat Head Caravan Parks NSW. Planning to travel to that area in about 3 weeks time. Also comments about the area surrounding the Parks would be helpful.

Cheers

Isa Nomads
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Bruce C (NSW) - Thursday, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:48

Thursday, Jan 24, 2013 at 12:48
Hi Isa Nomads,

Hello again,
As you are aware I suggested Hat Head to you in your last request re Stuarts Point.

Had Head is a very small quiet village, out of peak times, which is very popular with the locals as a holiday destination. It is located between Crescent Head and South West Rocks and is surrounded by National Parks. There are beautiful ocean beaches just a short stroll from Hat Head Caravan Park and there are many wlking trails in the surrounding area not that I have walked any. It is just what the National Parks blurb says.

Both Crescent Head and South West Rocks are an easy drive from Hat Head and while there is not a lot to see in Crescent Head there is a lot to see and do around South West Rocks. There is the old Jail at South West Rocks and the camp ground which surrounds it and Smokey Cape Light House is a short drive from South West Rocks also.

The Slim Dusty Museum is not open as yet as they are awaiting sufficient funds to finish the road works into and out of the museum carpark areas but the building is certainly up and from what I can tell it is finished. Just the car park and roadworks are holding things up.

All the parks listed below are owned by the Kempsey Shire Council and managed, as far as I know, by contract managers.
Crescent Head
Grassy Head
Hat Head
Stuarts Point
Horseshoe Bay South West Rocks

In the main their tarrifs are reasonable with senior and pensioner discounts applying.

In South West Rocks there is a very reasonable shopping centre with a good sized Bylo store for all those food items we need while travelling. South West Rocks is certainly worth a visit. South West Rocks also has 4 good caravan parks so the choice is wide open there.

Hope this has been of some help.

Cheers, Bruce.

At home and at ease on a track that I know not and
restless and lost on a track that I know. HL.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 503287

Sponsored Links