Back from Portarlington

Submitted: Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 15:22
ThreadID: 10025 Views:3766 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys . Just want to make a note . Not to go to Portarlington on the Australia day weekend . Stayed at the seaside caravan park , great place but didnt realize they had the Maltese festival . After a night of boom boom sub woofers and drunken youngins walking through the park ,throwing bottles at the cars of campers , I had had enough . I have never heared of so many people get ivicted from a caravan park . Last night was ok , looks like most of the hoons went home Saturday night . I heared of 2 drug overdoses during the night and many taken away for over drinking and been past out on the beach . It was great to see the park ranger organize extra security but not a single police car al night , aparantly they were all at a function in Geelong lol . I was having a chat to a security gard last night on the beach on one of his patrols and was shocked to hear him say that this year was very quiet compared to last year . Well I must say I am glad i wasn't there then .

Stll,l got away had fun and the kids had a ball , you just have to make the most of what you have on the day. Venus Bay
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 16:33

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 16:33
"Just want to make a note . Not to go to Portarlington on the Australia day weekend "

and

"And drunken youngins walking through the park ,throwing bottles at the cars of campers "

RUN THEM OVER. THEY HAVE NO RESPECT, and should be eradicated from the Gene pool.

and

"I was having a chat to a security gard last night on the beach on one of his patrols and was shocked to hear him say that this year was very quiet compared to last year"

Seriously, dont go anywhere on public holidays, specially 'tourist' areas.. It aint worth it, you have a bleep time, and its how it is.. At least the kids had fun..

Waiting for few weeks, then go away for a weekend or 2. come May/June wont be doin any campin for while.
AnswerID: 44372

Follow Up By: Member - Eric- Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 17:20

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 17:20
Dont get me wrong Truckster , it was good to get away for the weekend , i just wont go to the same park on this date , apparantly this festival is on at the same place every year. If we dont get out , we wont get to experience these things . I am only disupointed in that i had to keep an extra eye out for the kids with all these yahoos around . The Longterm campers there were great and kept an eye out for everyones gear . At about 2 in the morning i had a heap of them outside my tent carrying on like idiots , Security were onto them before i even got the zip open . Apparantly the night before we got there , there was trouble t one of the sights were a clown through a empty stubbie at a campers 4by, from what i hear they copt a hidding from the 4by owner , spuin I wasnt there to give him a hand .

The one thing that got up my nose , was watching them having lunch or dinner and then discarding there empty boxes and bottle and just walking off . This is what gives us a bad name , ranges thinking its the campers . Venus Bay
FollowupID: 306592

Reply By: Member - Nobby - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 16:42

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 16:42
You should have stayed over at Straddie. Absolutely beautiful here..Jack at sleep
AnswerID: 44375

Follow Up By: Member - Eric- Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 17:11

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 17:11
was there 2 weeks ago Nobby , it was great , l.ooking forword to going there again next year Venus Bay
FollowupID: 306590

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 16:06

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 16:06
we stayed at indented head last oz day weekend and i didnt have a ny dramas although port arlington was busy with the market and such the crowd must have stayed in port arlington the indented head camp was fairly quiet really.
still good for a perve but and i remember seeing Greg Norman's yacht?
well bigger than most yachts i know.1999 NISSAN NAVARA DUALCAB
DIESEL 3.2 & SPRINGY CARLTON TOY
2 awestruck kids (dads driving!)
AnswerID: 44480

Sponsored Links