Must see places Tweed Heads to Yamba

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 31, 2013 at 07:58
ThreadID: 100276 Views:2339 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

Weather permitting, I am planning a trip to Yamba NSW starting early next week and would appreciate suggestions of must see places between Tweed Heads and around the Yamba region. I will probably be tenting it as between camper trailer and caravan at the moment. Suggestions for good camping places or low cost good cabins would also be appreciated.

Thanks Kc
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lyn W3 - Thursday, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:25

Thursday, Jan 31, 2013 at 10:25
Not too sure if I would be heading there early next week. The area has experienced record flooding this week and maybe the flood waters will be gone but the infrastructure has been severely damaged.

Please give the locals a little time to recover.
AnswerID: 503691

Follow Up By: craigandej - Thursday, Jan 31, 2013 at 13:56

Thursday, Jan 31, 2013 at 13:56
The highway around the Harwood bridge area and Yamba Rd should be open around Saturday. Theres no damage in Yamba but the beaches are pretty chopped up at the moment.

Two good caravan parks in Yamba, also one at Palmers Island on the river, with a water park if you have kids.

Brooms Head is worth a visit/camp also the National Park nearby. Depends if you want facilities or not.

Byron Bay is worth a look for the beaches, crowds should be down a bit with school back.

Cheers
FollowupID: 780447

Reply By: Nutta - Saturday, Feb 02, 2013 at 13:16

Saturday, Feb 02, 2013 at 13:16
Woody head just north of yamba is a top spot to stay, in the bundjalung np, nice fishing, swimming, fires and facilities and beach driving!

Heading south just out of broadwater turn right into rileys rd, an old quarry and a top place for a swim! Prolly only a k or 2 up the road on the left, u cant miss it.

Evans head is a lovely place to stop (id love to retire their), i think its on the road out of evans there are 2 pools, the green? and blue? pool, i know the water was quite dark but really nice, just ask the locals.

Just south of yamba near the beach is the blue pool, a top spot for a splash also!

I used to know a lot more places when i was living around northern nsw for a while but cant remember them now.

Oh yeah, at yamba u can jump on the ferry and head over to iluka, straight to the pub, sedgers i think its called, they have a top feed with a great view!

Have fun!
AnswerID: 503863

Reply By: Member - Mark (Tamworth NSW) - Saturday, Feb 02, 2013 at 18:26

Saturday, Feb 02, 2013 at 18:26
IF you want to stay near Byron Bay, Broken Head Caravan park is a fantastic location tucked into coastal rainforest at the southern eand of Tallow's Beach.
100m max to the beach and good protection from most winds except NE

I don't know how much you know about the region nor what your interests are nor time alloted. But if youi don't mind a bit of walking Mt Warning on a clear day is well worth the climb
AnswerID: 503877

Reply By: kcandco - Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 07:48

Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 07:48
Thanks everyone. I guess I will find out how bad things are when I get there. I phoned the local caravan park and they said all good, but they might be biased. Wish me luck.
AnswerID: 503916

Sponsored Links