Revolver shackles

Submitted: Friday, Feb 01, 2013 at 12:27
ThreadID: 100298 Views:2959 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi anyone out there got any info on revolver shackles? Own a rear leaf sprung 02 patrol ute with a 4 inch lift. Only problem is there is not near enough articulation in the rear! I knew leafs were limited but never new just how much until I bought the rig :/ have found what I am told is a solution in these revolver shackles but can only find teraflex ones for sale and none for a patrol? Any info or advice would be great cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: gbc - Friday, Feb 01, 2013 at 13:07

Friday, Feb 01, 2013 at 13:07
Climax shackles by superior engineering is an Aust equivalent.
They do provide more wheel travel, but they don't provide more traction. They only work by gravity, not by being forced into contact with the ground by the weight of the vehicle crossing up. Make sense? Tap the throttle whilst the shackle is open and the wheel just bounces. Add to that the fact that they are outlawed australia wide and you're on a hiding to nothing with these shackles. They are good for ramp queens chasing rti numbers and that's about it.
AnswerID: 503780

Follow Up By: Jason M5 - Friday, Feb 01, 2013 at 14:00

Friday, Feb 01, 2013 at 14:00
Wow can picture what your saying there did notice a lot of ramp shots in the adds. Plus want to keep the car legal.... Well within reason u no. Pretty devistating news :/ thanks for the heads up. So iv already got parabolic springs and the shocks are plenty ample anything else I can do apart from the humongous coil conversion job?
FollowupID: 780534

Sponsored Links