I've always been a Cruiser man...WHY??

Submitted: Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 20:19
ThreadID: 10034 Views:3334 Replies:13 FollowUps:32
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering what makes us what we are, I am a Patrol man, don't know why, guess I couldnt afford a cruiser when I nearly bought one and went down a different track, Truckster is definitely a Patrol man but why? Mr and Mrs Al are Cruiser man and woman but why. What is it that defines our loyalties and our foibles?If you hold your heart and focus,
you will end up holding your dream
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 20:39

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 20:39
Hiya Bonz...

if the truth be know....I am a bit of a hoon..and would love a little WRX like my bro drives..but not really practical for some of the roads I travel...as for being a cruiser girl...I haven't had a choice to be anything else..I'm married to a cruiser man..simple as that...however..I was mighty impressed with the Ford F250 I sat in at the 4x4 show - and NO it wouldn't be too big for me..ahhahaha..Al is a cruiser man...for lots of reasons...some practical others financial...but...there was a time I thought he was a Holden man...he now drives a XR8 ute...so I guess nothing is impossible, if Nissan produce a vehicle that suits all his needs he might consider it..but at the moment....in his opinion they don't....how's that for some reasons..ahahahaha....

Lyn [Mrs. Al]

if the truth really be known...Mrs. Al's dream car is a Jaguar Mk 2 circa 1964 but again..not real good for off roading...hahahahaLife - Live it , Love it !

AnswerID: 44394

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 20:46

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 20:46
He might have an XR8 out the front but theres 3? Holdens out the back! Reasons are reasons are reasons Lyn and why is Al a cruiser Man, thats the crux of the matter!If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306601

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:02

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:02
coz he likes them.....

and the 3 holdens out the back are just rotting away....one of them was once lovingly cared for..but alas....how time changes...esp when hit from behind...Life - Live it , Love it !

FollowupID: 306604

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:50

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:50
Careful you don't end out out there Lyn, once lovingly cared for... Go teh XR8, I love Black!If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306611

Follow Up By: Member - JohnR - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:50

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:50
Lyn I never owned a car like the one you have in the pic but when I get some cash.............. amy have to be superannuated out to that.

I often wondered my life path had I bought the Jag Mark V drop head when I was 18. Was only 500 pounds then too but 1966 pounds!!Regards

JohnR - Not enough of the right travelling, some here..... some over there.......
FollowupID: 306623

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 07:46

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 07:46
Hiya Bonz..

I think I've told you before..in the pecking order I come after the kids, the cars and the dogs...ahhahaha...well maybe not the dogs !..so I could end up out there.......lolLife - Live it , Love it !

FollowupID: 306635

Follow Up By: Member - Al & Mrs Al (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 07:52

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 07:52
John

It's amazing what you can get for a little amount of money...and I"m talking 2004 and certainly not 1966...the car in picture was bought by my father in law...the interior is fantastic and doesn't need any work, the exterior is probably fairly orig and I think needs a re spray but they're still deciding on that...and the grill is probably worth more than what he paid for the whole car! Sometimes you can be lucky...other times you buy a heap of junk [I'll be in trouble now] and have to spend a fair amount of money in restoration...the '36 in picture sounds fantastic, and goes well too...at least it did around our paddock...until it was stalled..ahhahah...ours is a '27 and is just needing a little more work and it'll be running better than ever...I think the expense comes after the restoration in the running and upkeep....I'm told it's fun though..ahhahaLife - Live it , Love it !

FollowupID: 306637

Reply By: Diesel1 - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 20:57

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 20:57
G'day Bonz,

I'm a cruiser man - have been for the past 25 years and I guess the reason I've stuck with them is simply because they have a pretty good reputation as a tough workhorse and their popularity in the bush says it all. You don't see many of the outback mining companies running fleets of Patrols - it is invariably Landcruisers and the same goes for the man on the land. There would hardly be an outback station that hasn't got a collection of cruisers and that is a handy thought to have if you really get stuck for a part out in the middle of nowhere.

I haven't owned a bad cruiser yet and I reckon I will stick with them.

Diesel1

AnswerID: 44396

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:46

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:46
Good name they do have Diesel1 but what made you strike out in the first place with the yota? What is the essence of your passion?If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306608

Follow Up By: Diesel1 - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:45

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:45
I guess my passion for Toyota started back in the 60's Bonz. As a young bloke I worked for a cattleman in the high country and when I started there our farm vehicles consisted of an FB Holden ute and a Series 1 SWB Landrover - I loved the ute, but hated the Landie (with all the Irish blood pumping through my veins, I have never been real keen on anything British - something in the genes I think). To cut a long story short, my boss managed to get hold of a Toyota sometime around '64 if I remember rightly - it was ex Theiss from the Snowy Mountains Scheme and it was as tough as guts compared to the Landie.

That impression of a good tough workhorse stuck with me until I purchased my first Cruiser back in '78 and I've been hooked ever since.
I've got nothing bad to say about Patrols, don't know enough about them to offer qualified criticism - I will say this though, those early Cruisers & Patrols set the benchmark and they are still doing it today.

Diesel1
FollowupID: 306633

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:35

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:35
Yes Diesel1 its something thats in under your skin, and being aussie we just HAVE to bag whatever else goes by, I am a Ford man cause my Dad had lots and cause the XY GTHO is awesomeIf you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306696

Follow Up By: Diesel1 - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 07:23

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 07:23
Gotta agree with you about the GTHO Bonz. I know a bloke in Ceduna who has one - he bought it new and keeps it under wraps in his shed for most of the year. His wife lets him off the chain every now and then so that he can give it a run over to Kalgoorlie and back - I did the run with him once and it is something I will never forget.

Diesel1
FollowupID: 306741

Reply By: Mad Dog Morgan (Geelong) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:00

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:00
I used to be a pajero man but now I'm a Rodeo man but hey think I'll be a Toyota man next or maybe a Nissan man. Just have to wear out these tyres on the Rodeo before buying another set with a car on top. Loyal, me nah, just buy anything second hand with the best tread. Seesh and I work for Ford! BEAM ME UP SCOTTY

Hooroo
Ray
maddogmorgan@mail15.com
AnswerID: 44397

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:48

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:48
You'd think you would be a Territory man soon Ray, we'll see.If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306609

Reply By: Willem - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:00

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:00
Mainstreeam advertising denotes the way 'some'people associate their preferences with products. To own a 'Cruiser is to be with the IN crowd. Been going for 40 years..blah blah blah......Nissans..dare to be different probably do not have the financial resources to buy the normally overpriced Toyota product.....so has to settle for a lesser perceived vehicle. Landrover owners....eccentricity, Mitsubishi owners...can't afford a Nissan....Big Ford F150+ owners mainly boaties and farmers with high overdrafts......Range Rover owners...think they are the elite......Jeep...God knows why?......Small 4x4 or Softroaders.....the budget concious and those who would like a real 4x4 but do not want to be seen as posing. Nissan G60 owners...downright poor with no chance of redemption......hahahaha.......

Cheers,
Willem

Googs Lake camp
AnswerID: 44398

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew & Jen - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:05

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:05
Hey Willem - I've been sucking up to you coz I thought you were part of the in crowd. But now you tell me that it is the cruiser people. BLOODY HELL - what a waste of time...
Andrew :o))))2001 Landcruiser 100S Turbo Diesel
"We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing"
FollowupID: 306605

Follow Up By: Willem - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:14

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:14
Andrew.....How can I be part of the IN crowd...I am seldom home.
You will have to find someone else to suck up to now....maybe Mrs Al....cos she's about to get a real flash fourby..................
Willem

Googs Lake camp
FollowupID: 306606

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:49

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:49
So Willem what you're saying is that orange matches the money in your pocket....all 20's and no 100'sIf you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306610

Follow Up By: Willem - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:20

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:20
Yeah Bonz....the orange matches what used to be in my pocket...these days its mainly some loose change only...poor bugger me......
Willem

Googs Lake camp
FollowupID: 306620

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:38

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:38
Lucky you only got loose chenge in there WIllem, I seem to have my hand in mine all the time, four kids tend to do that to one!If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306697

Reply By: Member - Andrew & Jen - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:03

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:03
Bonz - My first fourby was a Patrol - didn't buy it but won a competition and had a Ti Patrol from Nissan for one month. Did a Russell Guest Tag a Long tour in the Victoria High Country in it. Was a beautiful Navy Ti Patrol with 3000k's on the clock. I was gunna buy it but didn't have the dough. Was hard to give it back and thought about making Nissan an offer for it. Was a bloody thirsty animal too - always gave me a shock at the bowser.
Couple of years down the track I tested a few and bought the 100series because the 4.2 TD seemed much better than the Patrol TD's. On road it seemed more car like than the Patrol.
I like to think of myself as a swinger - voting of course - and with car buying. When I come to buy my next one, I will buy what I like best at the time.
Andrew2001 Landcruiser 100S Turbo Diesel
"We do not stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing"
AnswerID: 44399

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:51

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 21:51
So goes the way it seems, better on-road manners swing the votersIf you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306612

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew & Jen - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:01

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:01
Went to Cape York last year and a mate had a GU Patrol and it was the most capable and toughest of the vehicles. But my engine is so much better - the Landcruiser 4.2 is heaps better than the Patrol 4.2
But I confess - it was the on road manners that swung me as I reckon that I only spend 1% of the time in extreme off road. On corrugations and on dirt, mine was unbeatable!!2001 Landcruiser 100S Turbo Diesel
FollowupID: 306618

Reply By: Member - StevenL - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:20

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:20
My Old Man has a 75 series with 350,000k's on it. He had it from new as a builders ute. The boss wanted to give him another falcon ute. The toyo outlasted 4 of the bosses utes over 10 years before he left the company. He made the boss an offer and took the toyo with him and is now dragging a 23ft van around Oz with it. Heading to the Kimberly in April/May.

My Uncle runs Weipa 4WD in FNQ (some of you may have been there!). He stocks just about anything for Toyota and a few parts for Patrols. Anything else, you can have it flown up from Cairns in a couple of days. He says "Locals drive Toyota, tourists please themselves". Needless to say he drives a 'cruiser. One of those trayback converted 80's.

With Toyotas running in the family I had to buy one. I can't quite go the full size cruiser but the Prado will do me nicely.

StevenL Prado GXL TD Manual
It's on order, Delivery in April '04.
This pic will have to do till then. Can't wait!!!
AnswerID: 44412

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:14

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:14
Yes I agree..what runs in the family usually stays in the family!If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306691

Reply By: Member - Des Lexik(SA) - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:21

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:21
I've had 4 cruisers and 1 Datsun 4x4 1 ton ute but that's not fair to compare as they were completely different vehicles. The first cruiser was an 82 petrol 60series that I swapped with my brother for a beema I had. Did a few easy trips then updated to a 85 Sahara petrol then became a bit more adventurous then went to a 86 Turbo Sahara and now the 100. Why do I keep buying them. I'm comfortable with them and a percieved perception that they will reliabaly get me where I want to go. So far they haven't let me down. Would I buy a Nissan. Perhaps if the circumstances were right and I have moved town. I've given a bit of crap in fun to some of the local patrol and disco owners. Travelling with other people, in a variety of vehicles, it has been rare that a vehicle has had problems as it is usually the "add-ons" that cause the problems. My wife drives a soft 4x4 being a Subie Outback and the finish and driveability of that car is really good. Would I take it across the simpson? No way. Easy dirt tracks yep it's better than the cruiser.Would we get another. More than likely. Dare to Lead not to Follow
AnswerID: 44413

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:42

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:42
ahhhhh yes Des The Subaru Outback is such a enticing vehicle, I have wanted one for ages, imagine one witha WRX engine in it............ If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306698

Reply By: Member - Eric- Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:37

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:37
My 4by before now was a black shorty Maverick . Why ? it looked good lol . Loved its performance on and off the black top , the reason for the change was , it was to orquared for the kids , looked at the Gq and the 4.5 80 series , and just loved the 80 infront of the Gq , maily intirior fitures & smooth ride . I had a friend who couldnt afford the 4.5 and was abaout to get the 4.0 80 series , I steered him into a GQ thinking that you couln't got past it for value for money and a lot more power than the 4 L . All in all its horses for courses , how boring would it be if we all had the same 4x4 .
I also grew up as a ford man and ended up owning a few Holdens also , I think over the years i have just become a lover of cars in general .
My Fav. from what i have had apart from the 4bys , would have to be my 1970 Caddy roadrster devile and a Aston Martin DB6Venus Bay
AnswerID: 44414

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:17

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:17
yes, I nearly bought a Commodore Eric, but the BA Falc was such a great thing! I just had to get oneIf you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306692

Reply By: Mick - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:46

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:46
Really Bonz .... where did you get ---

If you hold your heart and focus,

Straight out of a teenage girl's high school essay?
AnswerID: 44416

Follow Up By: Member - StevenL - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:48

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 22:48
He is getting a bit full on asking

"What is the essence of your passion?"!Prado GXL TD Manual
FollowupID: 306622

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:11

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:11
Hahahaha was waiting for someone to ask.... Its my soul wish for mankind to embrace its inner passion and express it in a tryuly peaceful manner hahahahahaIf you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306688

Reply By: Member - Ross - Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 23:17

Monday, Jan 26, 2004 at 23:17
Hey Bonz ..... from one of the eccentrics (Willie..;-D)

Good question .. tough to answer tho'.
Started out with a 3cyl Suzuki 2 stroke. Meanest little beast on the block .. I reckon they'd climb gum trees if you approached on the right angle ... and had the time. Absolutely flat chat at 80 .... got to 100 down hill but sh1t ... was that scary!!!

Started a fam and moved up to an SWB MQ Patrol in '81 .... cutting edge in 4WD's at the stage.

Most of our time in that past life was spent on the beach .... Fraser, Moreton etc.

Would you believe I entered a comp and won a L'Rover County 3.9 Isuzu in '86 ... what a blast!!

Anyway, found the vehicle to my likeing ... Al panels so minimal rust problems ... remember treatment wasn't nearly as flash in those days. Found it's off road performance to be somewhat more than adequate compared to the opposition ... don't forget they were all leaf sprung drays then.

Finish and ergonomics were apalling but hey ... what the hell, did what I wanted and more.

Time came for an upgrade and found I'd been bitten by the mongrel masochistic landy bug. Another TDi Defender followed by a Disco which suffered underbody damage outback which led me to believe Tojos and Patrols would have suffered likewise in the same cimcumstances.

Time for another upgrade and the only options for what we plan were another Defender or a Troopy ... to be honest I couldn't go the Troopy way which was back to steel panels with leaf sprung rear for and additional 10 grand.

Call me stupid, masochistic or eccentric ... but what the hell ... at the end of the day it's horses for courses. I'm happy ... you're happy ... we're all happy.

Cheers .... and watch out for all those old landies you still see on the road ... seen any 40+ yo Nips lately ????Fidei defensor

Rosco
AnswerID: 44421

Follow Up By: Member - Des Lexik(SA) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:37

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 10:37
As a matter of fact Ross, There seems to be a bit of a craze around here at the moment to restore the old 40 shorties. Saw a bright yellow one yesterday and looked rather neat.Dare to Lead not to Follow
FollowupID: 306645

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:13

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:13
They do look a treat all spick and span. My first 4wd experience was a 4cyl SWB Landy, that got turbo'ed, and boy it used to hop along in second.If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306690

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:19

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:19
lololol Rosco ... Yes I have seen some 40+ year old nips, and No I am not going to tell you where I saw them but they were spectacular!!
If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306693

Follow Up By: Member - Ross - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 20:58

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 20:58
Hey Bonz

Not in a Tokyo old folks home ??????

.......;-))))))))))))))))Fidei defensor

Rosco
FollowupID: 306708

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 17:58

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 17:58
No No No MUCH closer to home hahahaaIf you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306794

Reply By: Big Trev - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 15:53

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 15:53
I'm a Nissan man, why?
Well my first Nissan was the biggest piece of bleep I've ever owned, it was a MQ and I got stitched big time when I bought it. I was a novice back then, 1989 I think.

We are fortunate to 4 kids?????, so I was after a 7 seater, diesel (ex-truckie), no electric windows, no wide wheel pack, so back in 1991 I was looking to get rid of the MQ and went hunting in Melbourne for a Nissan Patrol GQ, Toyotas (even 2nd hand were far to dear). We couldn't find a Patrol, but found a Maverick with all the options (or lack thereof) that we were looking for. It has been the best goddam car we have ever owned.

A mechanic up our way used to own a workshop in Alice Springs, and he reckons Toyota's make great bodies, but their mechanicals are bleep e, he goes on to say that the Patrol body is not quite as good, but the mechanicals are spot on.

After owning ours since '91 I have to agree, although we have never had a problem with the body, other than a bit of rust around the back window frames.

Would never buy anything but a Nissan when and IF we ever decide to get rid of this one.
AnswerID: 44478

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:20

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 19:20
See StevenL thats PASSION!If you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306694

Follow Up By: Member - StevenL - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 23:47

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 23:47
I see I see,

Something like - "When they prise the steering wheel from my cold dead fingers"

Passionate commitment to the brand!Prado GXL TD Manual
FollowupID: 306730

Follow Up By: David N. - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 10:21

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 10:21
Yeh Big Trev,
Have to agree with that one. (Did you lash out and fit a Command cruise control yet??? You'll wonder how you lived without it!)
I too bought a Diesel Maverick... in '90 for probably the same reasons as you (four kids etc.) and have never looked back. The only thing that has ever played up (and still does!) is the clock.
It does a fair mix of city, country and dirt and does a lot of heavy towing, and is still relatively low on klms for it's age- but is absolutely bullet-proof. I plan to own it for a long time yet. It has never ever been back to a dealer or worked on by anyone other than me. I've never done other than routine maintennance- and modifications/add-ons. So for the forseeable future I'm a definite Nissan man.
The other half has had four cars in that time and now drives a nice nearly new Astra- also a great car- but I'm still "as happy as Larry" in my "Patrick" as the kids christened it back in 1990 (PATrol/maverICK)
Have now removed the back seat as it was surplus to needs...
Cheers
FollowupID: 306752

Reply By: Billy - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 21:58

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 21:58
Bonz,

Interesting discussion and good to see this has not headed down the usual path...

IMHO most people tend to stick to what they know, particularly if the passion is there for 4WD'ing and the truck is more than just transport. Also, all the more so if you are remote and have a collection of paddock bombs out the back for parts.

Of course these days of the 4WD as a fashion statement, who can say why many buy what they buy for sure. Most of the expericenced guys I know understand and respect why others make different choices to themselves, mainly because of respective familiarity with the respective marques.

Unfortunately for Tojo men the Cruiser (in Wagon form) has become a victim of it's popularity. In suburbia, car=BMW 4WD=Toyota, so price has become an issue.
All aboard!
AnswerID: 44546

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 18:03

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 18:03
Yes Billy, The passion is in the off road adventure and the wheels that take us along the way. Its all about us driving whatever to go see what we want to see, I am glad it didn't go "that" way tooIf you hold your heart and focus,
FollowupID: 306795

Reply By: Member - JohnR - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 23:28

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 23:28
Geez Bonz, I have left it late. My first 4by was a Cruiser back 1977 and was a 10 year old tray top that had a dust storm every time you opened the vents. I graduated through three Hiluxes one petrol which was a beaut and two deisels which had both clugged up their oils before too long. Now a Rodeo is the farm ute, but a 1 litre Maruti engined Suze too in the stable and the Nissan GU in my garage.

Have had a couple of 4by passenger vehicles doing 140k kms in a Rangie and a different one now. You can say I am not committed to any brand, I still like my AU ute too.

Can never say I am a Cruiser man as I look for what will satisfy the demand at the time. Really like the GU for its comfort factor and the Navigator likes it for her shorter legs can get her in without an extreme climb or a ladder. Son is a different guy with a Cruiser but did comment on the GU comfort when he drove it camping a few weeks back......

I did see Lyn was interested in a Ford I thought above, it may yet be something interesting for a few years time it has so much more room for my tall frame. You can see, never be a Cruiser man, not that I may never again own one...........Regards

JohnR - Not enough of the right travelling, some here..... some over there.......
AnswerID: 44576

Sponsored Links