Polish for a fibreglass caravan.

Submitted: Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 12:41
ThreadID: 100343 Views:13754 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all.Well I certainly would like some help with this one. My Jayco Sterling is kept in my driveway with the sun beating in the front.....so it goes dull after a while. I have been washing and polishing it with Septone fibreglass products, plus have just used their cutting compound to give it a better shine. Unfortunately it hasn't come up to my expectations, so I've been talking to other caravaners re this problem and I've been given a number of suggestions. So today my friends, I'm going to share their suggestions with you in the hope that some of you have had success with at least one of the suggested products. So here goes.....

Duragloss Total Performance Polish.
Collinite Insulator Wax No. 845.
Solvex polish (which should be used after compounding with Septone Mr Buff).

There you have it. Obviously I don't want to rush out and buy them all, but considering that each person who recommended their polish to me, says "it's the best"......I'm asking for your opinions. I appreciate anything you can offer.

Silver
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Toyocrusa (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 13:18

Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 13:18
Hi. There is quite a bit of info in this post. It may be of help. Cheers,Bob.
http://caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=29711&p=434549&hilit=fibreglass+polish#p434549
AnswerID: 503951

Reply By: Member - Frank P (NSW) - Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 14:10

Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 14:10
Silver,

My fibreglass van got weathered in the sun like yours. I use a cover but long trips in Central and Northern Aus took their toll on the roof.

I restored it pretty well with a power polisher and Ronstan Boatsmart Extra Cut Paste Polish, followed by Septone Superfine Fibreglass Polish and regular application of Septone Fibreglass Restorer & Wax.

It hasn't come back to the original finish but is pretty good. However, it needs regular attention to keep it looking good - more than it used to.

Cheers

FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 503962

Reply By: bluefella - Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 15:48

Sunday, Feb 03, 2013 at 15:48
After buff NU FINISH, easy to apply, I use it on the vehicle as well. I get mine from supercheap.
AnswerID: 503977

Reply By: ReCon - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2013 at 20:18

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2013 at 20:18
My Jayco started the dulling within 100 days of being on the road in the NW winter sun. It too has dulled , but the front of my van [facing the morning sun until midday] has yellowed somewhat.

Have other glass 'van owners struck the same issue , and are any of the pre-mentioned polishes suitable for this application?

Cheers. :)
AnswerID: 504154

Sponsored Links