House sitting

Submitted: Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 07:34
ThreadID: 100357 Views:2292 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I have a quality house on a 35 acre property west of Cooroy (30 mins to Noosa).

I have an overseas trip planned for 23 June to 1 Sept.

I need housesitters for that period to look after my two poodles, feed the chooks and mow the house yard (not the paddocks), are there any takers who could provide references.
Regards
Brian
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kris and Kev - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 08:10

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 08:10
Brian, have you tried the Aussie House Sitters site? Kevin
AnswerID: 504040

Follow Up By: BJ - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 08:48

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 08:48
Thanks Kev, that looks a good site. I'll register and see what happens.
Brian
FollowupID: 780804

Follow Up By: Member - John and Val - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 09:20

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 09:20
Hi Brian,
Another tick for Aussie Housesitters. We have sourced a few sitters from the site and all have been wonderful. Like you we are on acres and have a few animals to look after. You only need to register if you are a sitter.
We put together an outline describing our home and what we want done while we are away and send that out to a number of potential sitters who appeal to us and who are available on the dates we need. You will find that you will probably get a number of knockbacks for various reasons, but we generally are left with a short list of 4 or 5 sitters. We then follow these up with a phone, or if possible Skype, interview before making our final decision.
We also have a folder at home with a basic housesitting agreement and instructions for animal care and so on. That way with everything in writing there is less opportunity for misunderstanding or oversight.
HTH,

Cheers and good luck,

Val.
J and V
"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."
- Albert Einstein

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 780811

Follow Up By: BJ - Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 19:14

Monday, Feb 04, 2013 at 19:14
Thanks John & Val, I have now registered and there seem to be some good people on there, so am proceeding the same way as you with a number of requests to sitters.
FollowupID: 780854

Sponsored Links