Camping on Goulburn River

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 05, 2013 at 18:05
ThreadID: 100391 Views:5499 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi All

I am wanting to go away with the wife and 2 kids (2 and 4 years old) and another family of the same ages. We are wanting to go somehwere along the Goulburn River. I have heard of a place called Maritz Bend. Is this any good, ie. Space, not too busy, fishing, section of river safe for kids. Appreciate any info or suggestions of any other spots.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AdrianLR - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2013 at 08:54

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2013 at 08:54
We've been there a couple of times. Lovely spot and easy to get to. The Campertrailers.org group had a meet there a few year's back and that's how we came to know of it. Info is here:

Meet details Info

Post-meet writeupMartiz meet

However, friends went there just before Christmas and it had changed since we were there, probably as a result of various floods. There are lots of other spots on the river in the area on both sides and closer to Moorpoona but I'm not sure where they ended up exactly. I don't recall the precise reason they chose to move on but it was more of a preference rather than that they couldn't camp at Maritz (also known as Cemetary Bend).
AnswerID: 504180

Reply By: Villatranquilla - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2013 at 14:12

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2013 at 14:12
Green Lake (b/w Elmore and Stanhope) is also a lovely camping spot - would be safe for kids - toilets, shady trees if you need as well as open sites
AnswerID: 504190

Sponsored Links