Canning Stock Route trip

On 5th June – 25th June, six old farts in three 4x4s are doing the Canning Stock Route from North to South. It’s a guys only trip because all our better halves are sitting this one out as 20 days in the desert is a “bit too much” for their delicate complexions.

We originally had five 4x4s in our little group but two have pulled out for various reasons (including a neighbour’s tree falling on one Navara owned by one exploroz member ? Brett)

Two vehicles are leaving from Perth on 22nd May and travelling at a leisurely pace up the Great Central Road to meet the third vehicle, who is coming from the Gold Coast in QLD, at Alice Springs on 29th May, before we all head up the Tanami to restock at Halls Creek and after camping a night at Wolfe creek crater we will be heading down the CSR.

In the past we have posted details on ExplorOz about our trips and have picked up tag alongs from this great community for part or all of the trips and it has worked out well. Finding and making good friends from all over Australia that now join us in other trips we undertake.

Our vehicles are all well prepared, we are a sober bunch of seniors who love our camp fires, we free camp at every opportunity. There is no boy racers in our group, we have planned 20 days to do the 2000klms of the CSR and when we find a good camping spot we are likely to stay an extra night if there is something to experience.
Anyone interested in tagging along let us know and we will get some more details out to you.

Steve

PS “sober” means some of us enjoy a drink or two with dinner or around the camp fire, but never through the day whilst driving and we don’t want drunks around the campfire.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 17:45

Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 17:45
Might be time to become a member of Exploroz Steve and support that "community spirit" that's done so well by you ;-) $29 well spent I reckon. You could use the members trip function then to register the trip and have it remain for all interested parties to see.

Should be out doing some of the Canning myself this year but a little later than you. Have fun.

Cheers Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 504259

Follow Up By: redgp - Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 18:01

Thursday, Feb 07, 2013 at 18:01
Thanks Mick,
Yes I was surprised to find I am not a member now, I used to be, membership must have expired. Time flies as we get older.
I have changed the truck since the old Red Jeep so I will rejoin and get a new name, must have a look in the shop as thats a great way of getting membership along with purchases.

Thanks for good wishes and I have sent all our guys a link to your little film showing the corregations on the CSR, I hope it doesnt scare any of them off.

Steve
FollowupID: 781051

Follow Up By: Member - kevin r1 (QLD) - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 21:37

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 21:37
hi all.
we are doing the CSR in June. Leaving Wiluna on the 14th June.
hopefully see you on the track.
we are a group of 6. 2 from Tin Can Bay,Qld 2 from Esk Qld.
2 from north Victoria. All are of the grey nomard age and looking forward to the experience.
Kevin
FollowupID: 781128

Follow Up By: Member - kevin r1 (QLD) - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 21:41

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 21:41
hey all
forget to mention, our wives are also coming for the trip.
kevin
FollowupID: 781129

Sponsored Links