Missing Prospector in the Palmer River region

Submitted: Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 17:12
ThreadID: 100450 Views:4747 Replies:2 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
Guys 'n' Gals,
I am a member of a gold prospecting forum and the family of Bruce Schuler who was murdered in the Palmer river area, have posted a request on that forum.
They have made a simple request for more information.
The entire cut and paste of the post is below:

Missing Prospector Bruce Schuler at Palmerville Station 09 July 2012

Post Jefgold Today at 2:46 pm
Hi Members

I received this email today from the Schuler Family. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated

Hi Jefgold,

We are emailing you as there have been posts from members on this site in the past in regards to Bruce Schuler who went missing at Palmerville Station Cape York on 09 July 2012 whilst gold detecting. We are hoping that those members may have information that may assist us. Your assistance in this would be greatly appreciated.

We, Bruce's family, are asking anyone with any information in regards to the murder of Bruce to please contact us via our email address;schulersnq@gmail.com

We have been advised that the police have contacted people from forums such as this seeking information in regards to any previous threats, intimidation or physical abuse that they may have encountered from people living in the area for the last 20 years, can anyone confirm that they where contacted by the police??

We are just wanting to make sure in our search for Bruce and in our search for justice that we leave no stone unturned. Any and all information, stories or even rumours that you have may help us in our quest. If you could also copy and paste our request to any prospecting forums you are a members of it would be a great help, thanks

Thanking you.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: CSeaJay - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 17:26

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 17:26
Goldminer

I have seen a few threads on this very topic on this forum.
Use the search function and enter a few keywords.
The Palmerville owners are known for their threats, and many travellers avoided going through for that reason.

I sincerely hope that you find some information in the future to bring closure, all the best
CJ
AnswerID: 504330

Follow Up By: Gold Miner - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 18:24

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 18:24
Thanks CJ. Yep there are other threads however they are archived.
I thought I would start a new one to hopefully get as many as possible to read it.
Your comment re the Palmerville owners, thats what the family is after...
Have you had personal experience in this regard, if so, were you contacted by Police??

Thanks for your best wishes, lets hope we do get some more info.
FollowupID: 781114

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 20:59

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 20:59
So what's story with this Palmerville mob? Where are they located?

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 781123

Follow Up By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 21:31

Friday, Feb 08, 2013 at 21:31
Pop, would suggest you do a search on Palmerville on the site. Plenty of chat on this - which sometimes can get a bit divisive....
FollowupID: 781127

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 10:47

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 10:47
Hi Scott,

Yeah, should have been a bit more detailed with my post.
I was wondering if this crew that have/had Palmerville Stn are still there or have they been found to have committed any criminal activity.
It was not just idle curiosity. We are planning a trip later this year that hopefully will include as much of Cape York as possible. As we are retired time is not so important and the Cape looks like a fascinating place to visit. We were hoping to do more than just go to the tip, take a few "been there, done that" happy snaps, and leave. Now I expect to have a couple of dozen insects buzzing around my ears. Not too keen to have pieces of lead being part of the buzzing, hence my inquiry.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 781164

Follow Up By: Gold Miner - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:12

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 11:12
The pair in question that run Palmerville station were charged with murder, put on remand and then later released on bail. They are not to leave the station except to report to Police in Laura once a week.
So to answer your question, yes they are still there for now.
FollowupID: 781167

Follow Up By: Member - Scott M (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 13:29

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 13:29
Short answer pop,

The run from the Burke Dev Road up through PalmerVille, Fairlight and on to Laura is OK. Most of the issues have come from people trying to get to the Maytown Ruins form the west side.

Maytown can br accessed from the East - but check in Lakeland or the Palmer River Roadhouse...
FollowupID: 781178

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 16:29

Saturday, Feb 09, 2013 at 16:29
OK, thanks guys.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 781198

Reply By: Gold Miner - Monday, Feb 25, 2013 at 19:06

Monday, Feb 25, 2013 at 19:06
Hi All,
Just trying to jog the memory of anyone who may have ANY information.

Cheers.
AnswerID: 505541

Sponsored Links