HJ 61 fuel consumption.

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:54
ThreadID: 10048 Views:3132 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Just returned from a return trip Brisbane - Tamworth in our HJ 61 Cruiser (12HT motor, manual transmission.) towing 24' full height van. Fuel consumption came in at 17 l per 100 Ks.
Some of this was in and out of Tamworth unladen from park at Bendemeer but trip home was in some fairly atrocious weather, so I guess it balances out. Vehicle is pretty stock except for 3'' exhaust system which previous owner reckons made a substantial difference to performance & economy when fitted.I was happy enough with this as the New England is quite hilly and I think better figures might be possible in friendlier terrain.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brian from Bi-Tron Fuel & Oil Metal Treatment - Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 22:12

Tuesday, Jan 27, 2004 at 22:12
Hi mijochka,

I have helped plenty of vehicles gain a better economical fuel consumption.

Check out my Bi-tron in the "Press Release" and e-mail me.

Regards,

Brian 525Bi-Tron Fuel & Oil Metal Treatment
AnswerID: 44552

Follow Up By: Richard Kovac - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 01:29

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 01:29
Hi mijochka
I've read about this type of oil treatments, that thay reduce friction that much that the rollors (ever type) in a bearing will not rotate causing the bearing to fail.
To be able to quote better fuel consumption figures thay must also be able to quote efficency gains e.g horse power alowing tthe engine to use less colorie/joule's (fuel) to do the same amount of work?
work = force times distance
power = work divided by time
there an old saying if you want horses you have to feed them.

regards

Richard
FollowupID: 306738

Reply By: Richard Kovac - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 01:28

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 01:28
Hi mijochka
I've read about this type of oil treatments, that thay reduce friction that much that the rollors (ever type) in a bearing will not rotate causing the bearing to fail.
To be able to quote better fuel consumption figures thay must also be able to quote efficency gains e.g horse power alowing tthe engine to use less colorie/joule's (fuel) to do the same amount of work?
work = force times distance
power = work divided by time
there an old saying if you want horses you have to feed them.

regards

Richard
AnswerID: 44581

Reply By: Brian from Bi-Tron Fuel & Oil Metal Treatment - Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 23:56

Wednesday, Jan 28, 2004 at 23:56
Hi mijochka,

You can take notice of these learned guys or if you believed what I know, you and every other machinery operator would look more seriously at the Bi-tron Products.

In 5 years I have sold over $780,000.00 of these Bi-tron Products myself with NO problems developed in any piece of machinery. 95% of the people buying these Bi-tron Products have gained at least 20% fuel saving. The Bi-tron has been engineered to make ALL the fuel burn. Not just 60% of what most engines actually burn. Check out the soot in your exhaust tail pipe. My Exhaust tail pipe is clean. My vehicle's Exhaust emissions are:- Carbon Monoxide @ .04 (Acceptable is 1.00) & Hydrocarbon @ 59 PPM.(Acceptable is 150 PPM).

You have the possibility of saving fuel using Bi-tron.

Regards,

Brian. 525

Bi-Tron Fuel & Oil Metal Treatment
AnswerID: 44692

Follow Up By: Member - StevenL - Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 00:11

Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 00:11
Brian,

I have seen previous posts from you that you take paid advertising spots on this site. I have no problem with that and appreciate that revenue from advertising helps keep great sites like this alive. Do you really have to hijack discussion posts with blatent advertising spiel though??

If the product is any good then I am sure that word of mouth (especially on sites such as this) will make you stacks of sales.

I have only recently joined up on this forum but I must say that your posts to this thread smack only of salesmanship and add nothing to the discussion. Only a salesman would add the .00 to visually inflate a sales figure of $780k.

If you contribute advertising revenue to this site then that's great but leave it at the ads!

StevenLPlaydoe GXL TD Manual
It's on order, Delivery in April '04.
This pic will have to do till then. Can't wait!!!
FollowupID: 306828

Follow Up By: mijochka - Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 10:12

Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 10:12
Brian & others.
Thanks for your input.
Many years experience in heavy vehicle operation have left me extremely sceptical re snake oil treatments. I believe that the keys to performance and economy are maintenance and driving technique.
I once calculated that if I availed myself of every such product available and they all performed as promised, I'd get booked for polluting as I'd be driving around with overflowing fuel tanks!
Regards.
Mijochka.
FollowupID: 306855

Reply By: Brian from Bi-Tron Fuel & Oil Metal Treatment - Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 11:52

Thursday, Jan 29, 2004 at 11:52
mijochka & Steven,

No, I am not a salesperson. Just years of experience with thousands of people using the Bi-tron gives me a very positive opinion on the Bi-tron. I do not want to talk about the Bi-tron on this forum. My engineering knowledge originally made me very sceptical. However I am NOT an ostrich. I did my own testing and I started off very gingerly. Years of good testimonies from my customers have proved I did the right thing. Bi-tron is a "Metal Treatment" NOT an oil treatment.

You need to e-mail me. I am in Brisbane. Any of you guys in Brisbane are welcome to visit me and I'll show you some experiments.

Retgards,

Brian 525
Bi-Tron Fuel & Oil Metal Treatment
AnswerID: 44727

Reply By: RC - Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 21:04

Sunday, Feb 01, 2004 at 21:04
G'day mijochka,

I also have a hj61 Cruiser with 12HT motor, manual transmission.
I tow a 15ft caravan ( 1400kg ) and average 12lt/100km sitting on around 90 kph.
AnswerID: 45087

Follow Up By: mijochka - Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:02

Monday, Feb 02, 2004 at 11:02
Hi RC
That's good mileage but doesn't surprise me. That's about what I get solo on suburban running. Haven't really done a longer trip without the van but would expect 10 l per 100k or better.Our van weighs about 3.0t with the aerodynamics of a housebrick so is always going to be hard work.I think there is room for improvement from the 17 I achieved on the Tamworth trip as this was in hilly terrain and we were travelling around 95 ks where possible, so a little less right foot may be called for.
Regards.
Mijochka
FollowupID: 307260

Sponsored Links