Comment: Cargo Drawers

Cargo Barrier for 150 series Prado - - Does anyone know of a Cargo Barrier that can be readily re-located from behind Rear Seat to behind Front Seats.This of course frees up a much larger storage area particularly for lengthy items.
I wish to do this in conjunction with a pair of Drawers(not yet purchased.)
Trevor J Cotterill

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stephen & Claire - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013 at 17:12

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013 at 17:12
Hi Trevor

What about a visit to the big hardware store and make up your own barrier?
Get a piece of the aluminium lattice they use in security screen doors, cut to size and fix with some brackets.
You could cover the edges with a length or two of black hose to tidy it up as well.
That is what I am considering - I have the same problem getting a standard commercial item for my car (with drawers fitted)

Good luck.

Stephen
AnswerID: 505086

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor C (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013 at 19:51

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2013 at 19:51
Thanks Stephen - I might just do the same.
'By the way responses from Suppliers are as follows:-
There is a rear position cargo barrier that ARB sell which you can get a Forward positioning kit for, I am lead to believe that this moves the cargo barrier to behind the front seats of the 150 series Prado, the cost would be $888 supplied and fitted.
I’ve spoken to a few of my workmates who have confirmed that if you have a set of drawers in the back, they butt up against the rear seats thus causing you to need a half cargo barrier. That being said, if you get the full cargo barrier with the forward mounting kit which will put the barrier to just behind the front seats then you can do so.
I’ve spoken to a few of my workmates who have confirmed that if you have a set of drawers in the back, they butt up against the rear seats thus causing you to need a half cargo barrier. That being said, if you get the full cargo barrier with the forward mounting kit which will put the barrier to just behind the front seats then you can do so.

and I replied-
'So (finally) to Clarify:-

'I would need to buy two Cargo Barriers if I have drawers in back section i.e. a half-barrier and a full size barrier and then remove half-barrier when I want to use full storage area from behind front seats?'
response received:-

'If you wished to use the rear seats at any time then yes you would need two cargo barriers. No you can’t use the half cargo barrier behind the front seats as there is no way to mount the lower half of the barrier to the floor of the vehicle, thus voiding the ADR compliance and rendering it nowhere near as strong as it should be. To mount behind the front seats you would need the full length cargo barrier.'

Trevor J Cotterill

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 782044

Reply By: Neil.w59 - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 09:13

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 09:13
Try this one http://www.4wdinteriors.com/cargo_barriers.html
AnswerID: 505154

Reply By: Member - Derek Y1 - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 23:01

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2013 at 23:01
Trevor, We have had dual position barriers in both a 90 and 120 Prado. We have just fitted Black Widow drawer and barrier to our current LC200. We ordered the forward fitting kit to move the barrier to the front but were told that it wasn't possible (and be ADR compliant) to fit the barrier in the forward position due to the curtain airbags; maybe the 150 Prado will be the same. Worth asking the question because it is certainly a good option if available. I can't recall the brand of barriers we had in the Prados but is wasn't Milford and it they both came from Opposite Lock so may be their brand.
Regards, Derek
AnswerID: 505656

Follow Up By: Member - Trevor C (NSW) - Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:22

Wednesday, Feb 27, 2013 at 11:22
Thanks Derek - appreciate your response and will talk to Opposite Lock!
Trevor J Cotterill

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 782611

Sponsored Links