"Powerful 4x4" roof rack on FZJ105 ... anybody have one???

Anybody out there have a "Powerful 4x4" roof rack on a 105, i have done a few searches and they seem to be worth the money but was one complaint about fitting on a 105 cruiser, anybody have one now that can give me some feedback as to how it is after some time .....
Ta
Joe
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Best Off Road - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 13:54

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 13:54
Joe,

A number of our customers have used them as they are great value compared to some of the more established brands.

In my opinion they are well made, long lasting and excellent value for money. I regularly recommend them to my customers and have had only great feedback.

Note: I do not sell them, but probably should.

Jim.
AnswerID: 505176

Follow Up By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 23:02

Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 23:02
Thanks Jim,
I was only looking at your drawers about an hour before you posted that, i will be in contact later down the track to see what i can fit in mine ...
On the racks and other stuff from them, yes it seems they do make some very good stuff and the prices blow me away a bit also, i will look at getting one i think...
Cheers
Joe
FollowupID: 782220

Reply By: Member - Joe n Mel n kids (FNQ - Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 23:07

Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 23:07
hopeing i get some more feedback on this, i am going to go ahead with the rack but now i keep thinking as to what is best ... open front and rear or "cage" style ???
I think the "flat bed" style with the open front and rear will be great for anything longer than the rack as it will sit flatter and be more secure but the "cage" style will retain stuff better, although everything we place up there is secured down well so i am wondering maybe go the "flat bed" style ...... mmmm i really dont know what way to go ???????
AnswerID: 505265

Reply By: Member - PJR (NSW) - Friday, Feb 22, 2013 at 04:20

Friday, Feb 22, 2013 at 04:20
I am not trying to defame all Powerful4x4 products here but this happened to us.

We got a set of steel steps for our 100 series. Looked good but they banged on the bottom of the door sills on every hole and corrugation.Canberra to the Simpson and home with this banging going on. They were fine on the bitumen.

They were twisted. Front end was fine but the rear end was jammed upwards and touching the door sills. When taken back to Powerful4x4 (600 kms return drive) to be rectified all they did was jam a wedge of unpainted steel in between the chassis and the steps rear mounts to "bend" them away from the door sills. Imagine the twisting stress placed on the chassis. The wedge would also have rusted where it was cut and no doubt make the chassis rust as well where the sharp edges had cut through the chassis paint.

Sure they were straight and looked good but what a an unprofessional way to fix them. Luckily I had a good look under the car before we left and complained to the manager when I saw the steel wedges. When pointed out to the manager he immediately gave us our money back without any hassles.

They left them on the car because it was after knockoff and we had to get back home 300kms away. Another $350 to a welder near home to straighten them, modify the mounts, repaint and fit and they are fine now.

Customer service was fine but quality was sadly lacking.

Phil
AnswerID: 505274

Sponsored Links