100 series suspension upgrade

Hi Everyone, I was wondering if anyone could put me on the right track as to a good suspension upgrade for a 100 series Landcruiser .At the moment I have factory suspension and towing a caravan. I am going to buy an off-road-road van and want to do a round trip , exploring a lot of off road places, and want to find a good suspension / lift kit that would suit towing and moderate to heavy offroad driving . Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Shaun H - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 22:52

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2013 at 22:52
We had the suspension upgraded on our 2006 100 series Land cruiser to Oldman Emu 400kg on the rear Nitrocharger sports for the rear and front, oldman emu torsion bars fitted back in 2010 at the time we were towing a 2000kg Expanda made a big difference. When
Driving without the van it is a much harder ride. It might be an option to look at the softer spring with airbags? Some of the other members might be able to suggest some other option. Also when you get quotes just remember that they include a wheel alignment.
AnswerID: 505222

Reply By: Krooznalong - Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 14:09

Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 14:09
Ian - go and have a look on LCOOL site. Heaps of info on suspension there.
AnswerID: 505240

Reply By: Member - Chris (QLD) - Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 14:50

Thursday, Feb 21, 2013 at 14:50
Ian, try getting in contact with Suspension Stuff , you will find Shane very helpful and will be able to recommend a package to suit your needs and budget. They tailor make the package instead of just supplying an off the shlef one type suits all set up.

Superior Engineering is also another
company you could try, this is who I got the upgrade for my Patrol from and also found them very good.

Chris
Coddiwomple (v.) To travel purposefully towards a vague destination.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message
Classifieds: Codan Envoy HF Radio X1 for sale

AnswerID: 505243

Reply By: Member - Richard W (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 23, 2013 at 06:16

Saturday, Feb 23, 2013 at 06:16
Ian,

I had Darren McRae's suspension setup installed at 34,000KM on my 2005 TD100. Now has 240,000KM.
Kit consisted of:
2" Diff drop.
Strengthened lower control arms
Bilstein Shocks
OME Torsion Bars
OME Rear Springs
Later I also had the rear torsion bar mounts strengthened as there were reports of some breaking. Have travelled most of Australia including the Simpson twice, Cape York twice, Anne Beadel, CSR, GCR among others.

Had to replace the shocks after 90,000KM and Torsion Bars after 175,000KM. This setup has been excellent. I tow a light camper trailer and if towing a heavier one I would probably look at rear air bags or heavier duty springs.

Not sure where you are based but I used Total Care at Seven Hills, NSW for all my work.
AnswerID: 505360

Sponsored Links